{05}

About a Boy

|Twilight|

Before Jasper, Emmett and Dean went Jasper gave me his number that way I could talk to him whenever I needed it which was a sweet action on his part. I accepted his number no problem and told all three of them goodbye.

Leaning up against my car I watched as Bella exited the building. She looked distraught which meant only one thing, Edward. I'm going to kill him if he's not careful.

"Hey Bells. You ok?" I asked her as she pulled out her keys.

"No I'm not. God. Edward Cullen," She muttered.

"What did he do?" I asked her.

"Can I ask you a question Eva?" She looked to me desperately.

"Yeah shoot away," I stated.

"Do I smell? Like bad?" She asked self consciously.

"No, not at all. You smell like you're body wash. Why?" I asked her despite knowing the answer.

"Edward acted like I smelled horrible and even requested to switch classes after class finished," Bella scowled.

"I'm sorry Bells. He's just an idiot. Don't worry about him," I pat her on the back in a sisterly way.

"By the way Eva, dad wants us to have dinner at the diner tonight,"
Bella informed me.

"Translation, he forgot to do grocery shopping," I laughed and Bella smiled despite her having a bad day because of her idiot virgin boyfriend to be.

:::

"Oh my god Cora, I forgot how good your food is," I moaned biting into my burger.

"Oh I'm so glad you like it honey and gosh I can't get over how beautiful Bella and you have gotten," Cora smiled.

Bella flushed slightly not use to people complementing her. I held back my little chuckle and glanced to Charlie who was focused on his steak.

"Hey Eva, Bella do you remember me?" Waylon asked coming up to the table.

"Yeah like every four year old remembers who played Santa," Charlie deadpanned.

I only laughed while Bella only smiled awkwardly.

"Wait you were butt crack Santa!" I exclaimed.

"Hey but those bottles were a hit," Waylon smiled.

"Waylon leave those girls alone so they can eat. You know I have a slice of blueberry pie for you when you're done Eva, and I have cobbler for you Bella," Cora smiled leaving us.

"So how was school today?" Charlie asked in the typical fashion that a dad would ask.

"Good, I made friends," I answered vaguely.

"Bella?" Charlie looked at Bella and she looked up from her food.

"Same... Um, dad do you know who the Cullen's are?" Bella asked suddenly.

"Yes I know of them. What are people talking about them again? I swear. You know the people here have nothing better to do then to gossip. They're damn lucky we have such a great doctor at our Podunk hospital. And thank god his wife wanted to live in a small town," Charlie went on a little angry rant.

I pat Charlie on the back and shook my head.

"I know Daddy. People should stop treating them like outsiders when all they've done is help this town," our little heartfelt moment was cut short when some doofuses from school decided to be idiots and try to catch Bella's attention with gaudy dance moves.

"Friends of your's," Charlie raised a brow at both of us.

"Nope but they're sure about to get a rude awaking," I stated standing up.

"Oh this is going to be good," Bella smiled as I marched out there to confront Mike Newton and Tyler Crowley.

"What the hell is your problem? You know that my dad is in there right? Chief of police?" I put my hands on my hips and Mike stopped along with his buddies.

"We has no clue Eva. Sorry," Crowley spoke with a boyish smile.

"Make sure you check before you try to show off," I sighed going back into the diner.

"You took care of that pretty quick kiddo. Looks like you take after you're old man after all," Charlie grinned and I nodded.

As soon as we finished up Bella and I went to our respective cars. Shuffling for my keys I almost had a heart attack when Mike and Crowley showed up next to me.

"Hey we really did want to apologize about earlier. We were just trying to make you both laugh," Mike gave that boyish smile.

God it was really hard to stay mad at that clueless idiot.

"It's ok Mike I got it, and honestly I did laugh," I smiled.

"We also wanted to apologize about Jessica and her friends. We kind of noticed that what was being said about the Cullen's bothered you," Crowley was next to speak.

That apology surprised me. I thought that Crowely would be jealous if anything.

"It's ok. I've always been bothered by the fact that people could say such harsh things with no remorse. This case was no different, especially since I heard what Esme Cullen and Dr.Cullen do for their foster children," I admitted.

Then as expected I saw that jealousy flash in both their eyes.

"I'd still be careful with the Cullen's. They're a strange bunch," Mike stated trying to give a friendly warning.

"I'll try to keep that in mind. Now if you excuse me I have to get home so that I can do that English assignment that Mrs.Barns wants," I stated.

"Oh you have Barns. Tough break, see you later Arizona!" Mike and Crowley finally left me and I was able to get into my car for some much needed peace.

Ugh, I pray that I won't have to deal with Mike or Tyler but at this point, I think my fate is sealed. I backed out of the parking lot of the diner blaring Back in Black by AC/DC. Needless to say, today had definitely been a memorable one to say the least.