4 <> Speed Of Sound

Start from the beginning

   "Um . . ." He thought to himself. "How about, uh, Y/N?" It wasn't the fanciest of designations. It was just one of the first ones that came to mind. Thinking about how you'd acted for the past ten minutes he'd known you, it fit. For now, at least.

   "I like that name! I'll take it," you decided contently. You gave him a smile, though he couldn't see it due to your mask. He could hear it in your positive voice, though.

   It most mostly awkward silence between the two of you. When either of you did speak, it was because the former Wrecker had a habit of reminding himself to be stealthy under his breath. You made sure to whisper praise and words of comfort when he did. You did your best to empathize with the poor mech. Unbeknownst to you, he was growing increasingly grateful for it. Especially when you found your helms pedesteps away from Megatron's pedes.

   "Stealthy, stealthy," The Autobot told himself as he quietly scooted along.

   "You're doing fine, Bulk," you reassured him. There wasn't a hint of annoyance in your tone.

   "Thanks." His short, but genuine reply.

   "Lord Megatron," The soldier addressed his master, "there's been a an intruder."

   "Autobot?" You froze up. Had you failed to help the bot? You glanced over at Bulkhead. His frightened optics were captured by the warlord's sudden presence.

   "Starscream." Hold on, hadn't he been murdered not an hour ago? "He was last seen in the vicinity of the bridge." Megatron began trudging away, probably making his way towards his former second-in-command.

   "Thank Primus," The mech muttered under his breath. "Now we can keep going to-um . . . Y/N? where are we going?" He felt like an absolute moron for asking. Had you mentioned it and he hadn't heard?

   "Oh! Right! I should've told you, I'm so sorry—We're going to the engine room! C'mon!" You lightly shoved him. It was somewhat playful too. Bulkhead, though still thoroughly worried, began taking comfort in your presence.

   The terrain felt alien to you. You hadn't traveled to the engine room very often, but you had memorized various routes despite that. You always wanted to be prepared. And, because of your newfound fascination and love for living things, you always wanted to make sure as few creatures got hurt. Both of those things made escorting the Autobot into the engine room feel all the more fulfilling. Soon, the two of you fell through a hatch in the colossal room's ceiling.

   You landed on the floor with the natural grace of a flier. Bulkhead landed, slamming his pedes onto the floor.

   "Are you okay?" You asked him. You knew such a fall would probably leave only a slight stinging in his pedes, but that didn't mean you weren't about to not check.

   "Uh, yeah," he answered. He still seemed surprised by your concern. He peered over the edge of where you two were perched. You watched as a claw lifted an energon cube and slid it into the engine to fuel it. It repeated said process over and over. He looked at the machine, then at his servo, transforming it into his spherical hammer, announcing, "I think I know what I have to do."

   "Then do it," You answered. You could fly. Whether he brought the Nemesis down to the ground or not didn't hinder your ability to escape.

   "Hey, after this," he paused, turning to you, "would you want to-"

   "-come with you to the Autobots?" You finished his sentence. He nodded. "No thanks-," you shook your head, "-not right now anyways."

   "Oh. Alright. Thanks for, uh, everything, I guess."

   "You're welcome!" You chirped. He turned back to the engine and raised his hammer. The Autobot jumped off and rammed the weapon into the engine, sending it all to the Pits. The ship tilted downwards as it sped towards the earth below as a result.

   You jumped and landed on the floor, momentarily activating your thrusters for a softer landing. You found Bulkhead and motioned for him to follow you. The two of you sprinted for an exit. A door opened before you, only to bump into Starscream, who scolded you and flew away. You and Bulk looked at each other in surprise.

   "Well," You yelled over the turbulence, "this is my stop! Hopefully, if we meet again, it's under better circumstances!"

   "Definitely! Thanks for everything!"

   "You already said that!" You laughed. You ran for the open exit, jumping off the edge and into the sky, where you transformed and zoomed off at what seemed like the speed of sound to your new friend.

   Now, you had to find your home. You'd stolen some energon while aboard the ship, so you had a meal for when you needed it. You were already making plans in case you had to make a pit stop for the night.

   For all the times the Autobots had tried to kill you, they weren't all that bad. You forgave them. After all, it was war, and not one Megatron was keen on losing or ending peacefully.

   Meanwhile, Bulkhead found out what the rest of his team had been dealing with.

   All in all, it had been a long day.