I struggle to concentrate because of the nightmare replaying in my mind

I struggle to concentrate because of the nightmare replaying in my mind. I watch her lips and the light dusting of freckles sprinkled across her nose. Her tan has made her freckles more visible and my new favorite thing is to kiss along them to wake her up in the morning. Her eyes light up as she teaches me. I'm memorizing every detail, forever imprinting this moment into my mind.

Life is too precious and I could lose her at any moment.

"Harry, are you listening? You're staring at me aga—what's wrong?!" She brings her other hand to my face to wipe my tears away.

"Oh, shit...didn't realize I was crying. It's cool." I let out a cough. "I'm cool."

Nikki cocks an eyebrow.

"Stop pretending to be macho, Mr. Cool. Tell me what's wrong, love." She took my hand from the piano and held it in her lap; her sweet tickles of her fingertips on my palm made me smile.

"I had a dream about us that was devastating and it made me think. I don't want you to freak out. It was only a dream, but it scared me." I stared at our hands.

"It's okay. Tell me, baby." She says as she kisses down my jaw.

"Well, we were at a hospital and you were giving birth." I paused to see if she was going to react in anyway but she only waits for me to continue. "And there were complications. The doctor said you weren't going to make it, but you were still conscious. Y-you look defeated and tired." I swallowed, remembering how pale she looked. "You held our baby for the first and last time."

My emotions were getting the best of me again and Nikki squeezed my hand. I remember our pregnancy scare last year and how disappointed she was that she wasn't pregnant. The timing didn't matter. I know this woman right here will be the mother of my children.

"Was it a boy or a girl?" She asked softly.

"A boy. You told our son to 'stop your crying, baby...it's the sign of the times.' and then you...you know." I sniffled.

"Oh, Harry. I'm alright. See..." She places my hands on her waist. "I hate those dreams that feel so real that it almost becomes like a real memory. Some dreams you never forget."

I nod in agreement, squeezing her hips. I slip my hands underneath her shirt to feel her warm skin. She's here, healthy and alive. It was only a dream, but it only validated just how much I want a family with her.

"Help me write the song. I want you to be apart of it." I pulled her closer to me, breathing her in. I dragged my lips up her neck then stopped at her ear. "Please?" I whisper making her shiver.

"You didn't have to seduce me, of course I'll help write it." She giggles, but lets out a sweet little moan when my thumbs find their way to her nipples underneath her shirt. I lightly tease her with the pads of my thumb, flicking at her sexy piercings as her nipples harden.