6

Author's Note: Hello my lovelies! I haven't been able to update as often (Adulting sucks), so I hope you enjoy this VERY LONG (Seriously, nearly 10,000 words) double update! Chapters 6 and 7 go together as Chapter 6 is in Harry's POV on specific dates and Chapter 7 is in Nikki's POV on those same specific dates or a day apart depending on time differences. There are time jumps, so I hope it doesn't get too confusing. Some parts are longer in Chapter 6 versus Chapter 7 and vice versa. Also, just because I'm showing these specific dates doesn't mean these are the only days that they spoke to each other. There's just no point in dragging out filler crap for several chapters or this story would get very boring. lol I hope you guys get it. Enjoy!

"Ever Since New York" - Harry Styles

Harry's POV

May 23, 2016 (Dunkirk, France)

I've been praying ever since New York.

It literally feels like I've been drowning with take after take of struggling underwater and swimming across and over obstacles. I let my emotions take the reigns today and the director was impressed and thought that my acting greatly improved. I guess I needed to hone in on my own feelings. This was all such a learning process and I often felt like I was in over my head being a part of this project.

When I had gone home to London before filming, I had received some awful news. My stepdad has cancer. In a lot of ways, I considered Robin to be more of a father to me than my own dad. I had a decent relationship with my birth father, but it was more of a friendship than a father and son one. My mum is devastated and my heart is breaking for her. He's her happy ending. We're hoping and praying that the treatments will be successful. The guilt of filming Dunkirk right now has gotten to me from time to time and I make sure to call everyday to check on him.

I also happened to bump into a couple of Nikki's old bandmates while I was in a guitar shop doing a custom order for Mitch. We would be in Jamaica during his birthday and I wanted to surprise him with a shiny new baby. I didn't recognize her bandmates right away, but one of them was wearing a T-shirt that looked utterly familiar. He had on a Rolling Stones T-shirt with holes in the same exact places as mine.

"Oi! Harry Styles!" The guy in the shirt called out. I was hoping I wouldn't get recognized because I didn't care to look half decent today.

"Heeeey, how are ya?" I smiled politely and kept glancing at his shirt, or possibly my shirt

"Yeh don't remember meh do yeh?" He laughed and nudged the guy he was with. "Guess she never really introduced us. How rude! I'm Desmond and this is Bran. We were in Nikki's band, yeah?"

"Oh! Right, right. I knew you looked familiar. Sorry." I politely shook Desmond's hand, but Bran shied away from me.

"I have a thing about germs." Bran says with scrunched up face.