3

"Pictures of You" - The Cure

Harry's POV

Hearing her voice so close yet so far made a lump form in my throat. I'm the one who called and I can't even speak.

"Hellooo? Did the call drop?" Her voice sounded sweet even when she was a bit irritated.

"Hi, it's Harry. Please don't hang up." I say, finally finding my voice.

I heard her suck in a breath. God, please don't hang up. Keep talking Harry!

"Erm...fuck! I just miss you, okay? Were you really planning on never speaking to me again?!"

She let out a sigh. I could visualize her running her hand through hair. It was a habit we both shared along with lip biting.

Fuck, I missed her lips.

"Angel? Please say something. I know you're there." I looked up to find David looking half amused and half feeling sorry for me. He thinks she'll hang up on me. I'm grateful that he likes me enough to let me call her with his phone.

"Harry..." She breathes my name out softly. I swear, it's like hearing angels sing. "What did you expect me to do? I was hurt and I still am." Her voice is quiet. For a moment I wondered if someone was next to her, but I don't bother asking. She's talking and that's all that matters.

"I'm sorry, Nikki. I know a million apologies won't be enough. I know I'm an idiot. I know, I know, I know..." I sighed.

"Ok, clearly you don't know."

"Baby, what you're accusing him of is really serious. There isn't any real tangible evidence and—"

"Stop it. I'm not your baby, so stop trying to charm me back in with your sweet talk. What I'm accusing him of IS fucking serious. I'm done playing his games. He's playing you, too, and when you find out you'll come crying to me and beg for my forgiveness, but I'm not sure if I have it in me to forgive someone who thinks that I'm crazy!" I winced at her sharp tone and choice of words.

"Nikki. I never said that I thought you were crazy. NOT. ONCE. You only mentioned about seeing Jeff in the hospital and I know during that particular time you weren't well. That's all. I interrogated him as much as I could about this. God, if he threatened you..." I let out a pathetic whimper. My emotions have been bottled up for months. I'm about to full on embarrass myself in front of her manager.

"He did threaten me, and yet you refuse to believe me. We keep circling back on this, Harry. I'm done having the same argument. Is this why you rang me? You wanna tell me that taking legal action is ridiculous and unnecessary?"

"No. I do feel like something is going on. He's being really dodgy now that lawyers are involved." I briefly pull the phone away from ear when she lets out a loud, dry laugh.

"Tell him he's messed with the wrong bitch. Are we done here?" Nikki's tone was ice cold now.

"I'm never done with you. Do you even miss me?" I ask pathetically.

"Harry..." She sighed. "I miss you more than I could I ever express. Stop being stupid."

"Do you still love me?" I choked out. Nikki's manager stepped out. I'm sure I looked like a hot mess balled up on his hotel room floor.

"I'll always love you." Her voice was softer.

"I fucking love you. You know that, right? I—"

"I know." There was a long pause and I almost thought she had hung up. "I heard you got the part in Dunkirk. I'm so proud of you. I know you'll do great."