Chapter 12: Blackout

"AVA!! AVA LISTEN TO ME!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"TANSEN?." She looked so stressed, searching back and forth to find me. I tried to hold her close to me, but she just walked away as if my arms had no weight on her shoulders.

" AVA IM HERE!! I'M RIGHT H-" I hit the ground. Hard.

Next thing I knew- I was in my room? Austin was standing over me with his hand on my forehead, looking very concerned.

"Uh- Austin?" His eyes darted up towards me.

"TANSEN! Oh man, I thought you were a goner! What happened?! I thought you went out-"

I tried as hard as I could, but I couldn't remember what happened to me. All I remember is... "Ava" I whispered.

"Oh crap tan- this is not good. You must have memory loss! She's actually in Missouri right now, on her way to her new house. Remember? She made out with you and then bolted a couple chapters ago?"

"A couple what?"

"Nothing- she told you she loved you and then ran away, remember? You cried for SO long. I mean honestly I thought you would never stop. It was kinda annoying actually."

Nothing he said was making sense. My head hurts. I just want to go back to bed.

"Hey austin? Who's Ava?"

His eyes opened wide. " OH SHI-"

AVA'S POV

As I sat in the car traveling down the dusty road, I couldn't help but be scared for him... how was I supposed to check on him if he didn't have his phone? His phone! Lucky for me, I was able to guess the password on the second try (it was set to my birthday). I swiped over to his messages and pulled up up Austin's contact.

"Hey Austin- so long story short i'm about 85% sure that Tan is a second seeker because he came to visit me in Missouri and left his phone with me, so will you text me when he gets home? Also, how are you! I miss you!! How are things at the cosmetology school?" Aaaaaaaand....Sent. Ok. That should resolve some of the stress. If he really is a second seeker, he should just end up in the place where he left from before. I looked back down a the phone. 49 missed messages?! Ok I HAD to see what this was about..

Huh- looks like they all were from the same person... AMBERLY?? Oh no.

"TANSEN YOU JERK. I KNOW I'M NOT AVA BUT I'M STILL PRETTY."

" Look. If you apologize before I count to 30, i'll forgive you."

"Im serious tan- one"

"Two"

"Three"

"Four"

Ok so now I feel kinda bad.. Sorry amberly.. I winced as I watched thed numbers tick up- closer and closer to 30. *INCOMING MESSAGE FROM AUSTIN-THE BEST OLDER BROTHER IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND ALSO THE MOST HANDSOME* Yes!! I quickly clicked the notification.

" AV. Where are you right now."

"HEY KIDDOS! WE ARE HERE!" Cheered mom and dad..

"Where are we exactly?" I said.

"Our new home!!" They said in unison.

I pulled out his phone to send another message.

"I'll send you the address."