Chapter 10: Soft Purple

"Mom- was I adopted?" the words left a bitter taste in my mouth and I could only pray that I had assumed wrong.

"Tansen they didn't deserve you."

I felt the anger inside of me build and build. "What do you mean they didn't DESERVE me? Did you steal me away from them?"

"You can't steal something that rightfully belongs to you."

"WHAT?"

"Tansen sweetie, just come back home and I will explain everything." Her voice quivered.

"I'll think about it-" I spat back. I heard her voice screaming for me to come home through the speaker, but I saw Ava begin to fall again and I threw my phone to the ground so I could catch her. She must be really sick if she keeps falling like this, I thought. I thought she was crazy when she brazenly suggested that we climb the ladder to the top of that barn, but my resistance is small when she becomes passionate about something.

"I love you tansen~" was the next thing I heard. My heart skipped a beat. I felt my cheeks heat up to the point I thought they'd catch fire. What had gotten into her? She was almost never like this.

"I love you too av, but don't distract me. Why did you faint earlier?" She giggled in response.

"You sure you're ready?"

She was scaring me. What on earth could be the problem? With some hesitancy I nodded. She slowly turned her wrist over, revealing her soul tracker. I looked at the numbers and immediately ripped off the soft purple band that I kept over mine. I stuck my wrist next to hers. She said something but my ears were ringing so loud that I couldn't hear anything. My eyes welled up with tears and I didn't even care. This means that Ava, the girl i'd been in love with since as long as I can remember, is my soulmate.

"I love you Tansen." She whispered softly. I met her gaze, stare into those beautiful big eyes, and a wave of courage passed over me. I cupped her cheek in my hand and wrapped my other around her waist. Her skin was warm and seemed to melt at my touch. I pulled her closer and tried my best to think of something to say. All that could come to mind was " Av. I'm never letting you go." I meant it too. I moved her body till it was pressed up against mine, in that moment, nothing could get between us. She tilted her head towards me and our lips hovered near each other. I wanted to remember this moment forever. That moment felt like an hour. Us intertwined, yet not kissing. Just breathing. Feeling. Then, when we both felt like the moment had done justice, our lips collide. I didn't think that she could get any closer to me, but she did. We were no longer two people but one being. I wanted to absorb this feeling. Keep it with me like a prized possession. Then out of nowhere, I got this feeling in my chest. It wasn't painful at first, but as it spread through my legs, arms, and up to my head, it burned like fire. I pulled away from Ava and tried to call out to her, but she couldn't seem to hear me. She noticed that I was gone and backed up, but didn't seem to see me either. I called out to her again, but still no response! She whipped her head about violently to try and find me, but she looked right through me.

"Tansen?" She said loudly.

"AVA IM HERE!" I screamed. "I'M RIGHT HE-" I hit the ground, everything went black.