🌹TWENTY🍃TWO

Start from the beginning

"How can I see you? Where am I?"

"You are on the verge of death. This is Zion, it's the middle ground between death and life. You see that cliff there?" she points across the wide green field. I nod my head "There is where people jump off to end their lives or when their time is up,"

"So I can end it all now?"

"No, it's not your time yet. You have things you have to fulfill first."

Then my grandfather steps in "Crimson, you have to avenge us. Those who died that night are stuck in a horrible place. You have to go back to Australia to bury them," he says looking serious. His eyebrows look extremely scary now. "But don't worry...you will have help,"

I look at him with confusion written all over my face. "Celine, it's time for you to go back. Remember what we said,"

"How do I even start getting revenge or even reach back to Australia?"

"Trust Sachin,"  He smirks and his smile stretches across his face. " Crimson, he is part of your answer. Now close your eyes. Sachin has found a way to save you from dying,"

I do as he says, closing my eyes they both step away from me. "We will be watching over you,"

I wake up with my hand clenching my chest. Looking to my left, Maksim is watching at me with a glare.

"She is up so you can leave now. Leave now Judas."

👑
👑
👑

Judas

The Cleansing of the mafia families is something that I truly don't understand. If Maksim already has their fear then he does not have to kill them. Weaklings can be trained to be strong.

That is my gang's way. Anyone can become a great warrior if they work hard at it. Hell, it's in The Vorovsky Mir history. Usually, there is a badass under all the bullshit that just needs releasing.

Even under our new gang leader Cassius nothing has changed. It is said that we once were joined with a mafia family but some left and continued in their ways. That was about a hundred years ago give or take. Anyway, they came back to there roots here in Russia.

When I'm with my gang, I am with family. It is a brother that will last forever. In Golden Glove I am not the son of a rape. A bastard who's mother never cared about him. No, here I am second in command. A brother, a friend and a confidant.

"So what has Maksim asked of you now? You're always here when you need to blow off some steam," Cassius walks into my room with a sly smirk and his blonde hair in his famous ponytail.

"He wants to continue his mass murder rant by killing off weaklings. I have the job of spying on them," I say getting up into a sitting position.

"Now you see, this is why I left mafia life," he mumbles under his breath.

"You were in the mafia?" My eyebrows raise in question.

"Yeah, a powerful one to... but I couldn't take it," his tone of voice tells me not to pursue the subject further and so I don't.

He comes and sits next to me and pats me on my shoulder, "I don't understand why the fuck you don't leave. They treat you like shit... And your real family is here Sachin," he says with a smile.

"I can't, there is a girl that needs me," I say in despair.

"Let me guess its Maksim's wife..." I nod and he gets up from the bed with his face red with anger "Sachin I was kidding. You can't, he is gonna fucking kill you if you try anything," he fusses.

I sigh and rub my hands together. That is not the only thing bothering me. I do not want to be responsible for the death of hundreds. Maybe if I give a false report then it may save their lives.

However, if I am caught in a lie, Sim is going to have my head on a spike. My gang won't be able to help me. My body will go to Gehenna because they will burn my body instead of burying me.

"I know but she doesn't deserve it," I whisper, "Plus I might die anyhow when I lie to Maksim about the weaklings." I put my head in my hands and grab my hair pulling it a bit by the roots.

"Or you could just do plan B," I look up at him and he smirks "Convince him to train them. Appeal to his ego...tell him that he will be expanding his army of loyal assassins."

"How do you know the answers to most of my problems?" he shrugs and then plays, brush off his shoulder.

"How do you think I became, head leader"? with that he walks out.

I had to go back.

👑

Upon arriving at the estate gates, something yellow was blowing in the growing snowstorm that is about hit. I get out my car to check it out.

The person has a black coat and their hands are tied to one of the light poles that line the driveway.

As I get closer I recognize her instantly "Crimson," I mumble as I walk over to her and untie the ropes that bind her. She is unconscious and naked under her coat. Her skin is ice cold and her lips are blue from the extreme cold.

What the fuck is wrong with Maksim?

Lifting her up into my arms she almost looks dead. I gently place her in my car and speedily, I drive straight to the estate's clinic.
I kick open the doors and demand medical attention.

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! SHE IS DYING!!!" I yell at the doctors and the nurses.

They stare at me blankly and one nurse steps up, "We were told not to treat her. Mr. Sokolov says not to treat her. She is under punishment,"

"SHE CANT BE PUNISHED IF SHE IS DEAD!!!! TREAT HER OR I WILL KILL THE LOT OF YOU!!!!" I shout.

The nurse tries to talk again but I angle Crimson so that I could get my gun. Pulling it out and pointing it at her she stops dead in her tracks.

They rush into action and take her from my arms. Placing her on a bed. When they rolled her over to check her lungs her back had marks all over it.

"She blasphemed in church, today and so this the result." one of the nurse's whispers to me.

The doctors turn on the bed heater and spread a healing pace on her back. By tomorrow most of the scarring will have disappeared.

What kind of man beats his wife then leave her to die in the cold?

After Crimson is stabilized I move from behind the glass, I was looking on from going into the room. Her lips are still blue but its light blue now. Her skin was not as pale as before.

Holding her hand I bring it to my lips for a kiss. She is so young. She will never be able to be a normal girl. Crimson is stuck to a monster and there was nothing I could do to help her.

Maksim stomps into the room, loudly banging the door of the room against the wall behind it. "You had no fucking right!" he scolds and I glare at him.

"You left her out there to die. Are you fucking kidding me? I am not moving from here until her eyes open." I make myself clear one time before I turn back my attention to my blonde sleeping beauty.

The room falls into a deadly silence until Crimson's eyes suddenly open with her clenching her chest in a pant. Maksim stands and pushes me away from her.

Crimson opens her eyes and they slowly drift to the left of her. Her eyes full up with worry at him and he orders me.

"She is up, you can leave now." I don't move so he commands me "Leave now Judas!" I move towards the door and then I tell him the words I have been dreaming about for a while now.

"Fuck You!" then I leave.

***************