Chapter 2

"You sure you'll be fine walking home?" Micheal asked me.

"Yes, Micheal for the billionth time, I'll be fine," I said.

"Okay be safe," Micheal said before pulling off leaving me at school.

I walked into the school and went to homeroom where an excited Leah was waiting.

"So did he ask you?" She asked me.

"Yes. He did. I told him, yes and I even got my brothers on board," I informed her.

"Wow. I can't believe you got your brothers to agree," She laughed knowing exactly how my brothers are. Leah had been my best friend since Kindergarten and she knew how overbearing and annoying my brothers could be.

"It's a miracle." I laughed. My phone vibrated indicating had a text. I checked and it was from Lucas.

Hey, wanna meet up and hang at lunch.

Sure only if my best friend Leah can come with.

Bring her with. The more the merrier.

The bell rang signaling us to go to 1st period. I said my goodbyes to Leah letting her know I'd see her at lunch.

My first four classes passed in a blur and now it was lunchtime. I found Leah in our normal spot and informed us that Lucas would be joining us. Not even a second later he was sitting down in the empty seat next to me.

"Hello, ladies." He greeted us.

"Hey, Lucas." Leah and I told him.

"Do you guys have Mrs. Garcia. Her class is so hard." Lucas complained.

Leah and I looked at each other and laughed.

"What's so funny?" Lucas questioned.

"Mrs. Garcia hates me. It's all apart of the Murphy curse." I said.

"Murphy curse?" He questioned.

"Well, you see the Murphy's have 13 children. Some teachers get the "pleasure" of having all of us. Well, technically not all because of the younger ones. Anyways Mrs. Garcia had to deal with my older brothers. I'm the 7th Murphy to be in her class. To say she doesn't like or trust me is an understatement." I explained.

"That's crazy," Lucas said.

"For some teachers, it's a good thing. The Murphy's have been very good in art classes. To them, we're a blessing." I laughed.

Lunch ended quickly and soon it was the end of the day.

"Hey, Marissa," Lucas said catching up to me as I walking. "I thought you got a ride from your brothers?"

"I normally do but they were busy today," I said.

He nodded and walked next to me in silence.

"I walk most of the time. My mom doesn't get off until later. She wants me to find an activity like my little siblings but I'd rather go home and study." He told me out of the blue.

"My brothers wish I did something. But I prefer staying at home and writing." I told him.

"You write? How every time I have to write a story for a class I can't find a plot." He admitted to me.

"Well having 12 brothers helps. They all have different personalities that I can use for stories. And for plots, I just take something and change it. For example, Harry Potter owns Hogwarts but not witches and wizards itself. So write a story about a witch or wizard who tries to blend in but can't because of their magic."