Chapter 1

Mornings in my house are chaotic, considering the fact there are 15 people living here. The good thing is my mornings are slightly better considering the fact I have my own bathroom things are easier. My brothers on the other hand have two bathrooms to share between the 12 of them.

"Mitchell, I swear to God if you put more hair dye in the shampoo," my brother Micheal said, his hair now a shade of green.

"Oh gross, Martin didn't flush the toilet," Moses yelled, pretending to gag and then faint.

"MASON STOP HOGGING THE BATHROOM," Micah screamed banging on the door.

I rolled my eyes at my brother's behavior. Getting to school was always a hassle. I went downstairs to the kitchen and was greeted by a giggling Milo and Mark at the stove cooking.

"Morning Marissa," he said cheerfully handing me a plate of waffles. Mark was the only one who managed to get ready without a big hassle. He also managed to get Milo dressed and ready for the day.

"Mark, how do you get ready so fast in the mornings?" I asked taking a bite of a waffle.

"Well, little sister the key is to get up before everyone else does. I get up an hour before and then I just get Milo ready since he's up at that time anyways." He said.

I just nodded at his words and continued to eat my waffle. The quietness of the kitchen was interrupted when my herd of brothers came down.

"FOOD!!" Matthew yelled taking a seat. I rolled my eyes at his behavior. My mom always told me that my brothers would eat us out of this house. My brothers all greedily grabbed a plate and began to eat.

"Wow it's 6:43 and you're all dressed and fed. I'm impressed," My mom said. Normally we'd be late for our attempted time of 6:50 to start going to school.

"Well before you guys go, we want to say bye to you guys." My dad said. My mom and dad were both highly successful surgeons so they often had to leave on business trips. This time around they'd be going to Florida and won't be back for three weeks.

So before we left we all said our parents and watched as they drove away towards the airport for their important trip.

"Okay, Murphy Mob. Let us go to school." Micheal said. We all piled into our very large van and Micheal began the journey to our different schools.

Car rides were always interested hearing everyone's loud chatter at once.

"Malachi, we should totally start a game of tag at recess." Mitchell said excitedly.

"I hate school. Mr. Peters is a total bitch." Martin complained.

"MARTIN LANGUAGE." Max yelled back at him.

"What it's true," Martin responded defeated.

That was true. Mr. Tyler was the 4th-grade teacher at Oak Street Elementary and he had the pleasure of having all the Murphy kids that were old enough. I swear anytime he sees M Murphy on his sheet, he dies a little more on the inside.

We made a stop at the elementary school dropping the younger kids off and then to the middle school where we left Moses and finally to the high school that Micah, Mason, Max and I all attended. Micheal, Matthew and Mark were all fortunate to have graduated and Milo was lucky that he wasn't old enough.

"Bye guys, Have a good day. Oh and Marissa we'll be here to pick you up after we pick the younger ones up." Micheal said before pulling off. I was the only one who was in high school who didn't do an after school activity. Max had sports, Mason tutored and Micah had his own band that he practiced with.