Prologue

Hi, my name is Marissa Murphy, I'm 14 years old, I'm the 7th of 13 children and I'm also the only girl. Growing up with 12 brothers has its perks like having my own room and having my own bathroom but it also has its downsides. My brothers are all super overprotective, especially my older brothers. The younger brothers are also super protective. It sucks most of the time. I can't remember the last time I had a conversation with a boy without my brothers silently threatening him.

All of my brothers are different in their own ways. My oldest brother Micheal is super protective mainly because he's the oldest. He's twenty and trying to become a mechanic. He's really good at fixing cars and that's what he does most of the time. Most people think he's a big and scary just because of how he looks but, in reality, he's a big softy, or at least with me he is. He'll do anything if I beg and give him puppy dog eyes.

After him it's Matthew, he's 19 and is also really protective. He's always making sure I'm okay. Once he put me on bed rest for the whole weekend just because I said my throat was hurting. He made me homemade soup and made sure I got plenty of fluids.

Mark follows after Matthew. He's 18 and the sweetest person ever. He loves baking so he's always making me brownies when I had a bad day or have cramps. Just because he's sweet doesn't mean he'll hesitate to kick anyone who hurts me ass.

The next brother is Micah the 17-year-old. He's an aspiring musician and spends most of his time playing or writing music. He keeps himself occupied most of the time with that but the moment I need him he's there.

Next is Mason and he's 16. He's the bookworm of the family. Every time I have a problem he has a logical solution to it which makes things way better.

After Mason, it's Maxwell. He's 15 and only a year older than me which makes us super close. He's quite the athlete and plays almost every sport. He's always looking out for me.

Next is me, Marissa. Lucky number 7 and the only girl. The princess of the Murphy household. The writer of the house. None of my brothers have ever read any of my writing before and I intend to keep it that way. Writing is the way I express myself and get all my feelings out. Creating characters is easy since I have 12 brothers' personalities and I can mix and match.

Anyways next is Moses. He's 12 and is a total video game addict. He's super loud but he's also really considerate. I can't count the number of times he's yelled at his friends for trying to hit on me. Actually yes I can, 53 times.

After he was born, Martin was born. He's 9 and a skateboarder. That's pretty much all he does. It's crazy. He may be only 9 but he'll do anything to keep me happy even if that means enduring a new reality show that I'm hooked on.

Then comes Malachi. At the age of 7, I'm convinced he's the sweetest boy to ever exist. He likes to build things. He even managed to build my desk chair, well with help. He's only 7.

Next is Mitchell the little 6 year old prankster. He loves pulling pranks on all of us. His pranks to me are pretty simple like a whoopie cushion but to my brothers it's no mercy. Just recently he put pink hair dye in the boys shampoo and unfortunately all the blonde hair siblings had pink hair. Luckily it was temporary and came out pretty easily.

Then there's Maddox. He's only 4. He's going to be an artist one day. He spends most of the day coloring. I have tons of special pictures he colored for me hanging on my wall. He's pretty loud considering he's one of the youngest. He wants to be sure my brothers hear him.

Finally, there's Milo. He's only 2. He loves to cuddle. Every time I'm upset he comes and just hugs me. His sweet little baby voice always says "Rissa don't be sad." and that always cheers me up.

Most people always ask me why we all start with M. Well you see my mom René and my dad Mark first got pregnant with a boy and named him Micheal because they liked the name. Then they liked the name Matthew when they got pregnant again. When they got pregnant the third time my dad wanted to name him Mark after himself. Then the fourth time they got pregnant they like the name, Micah. So the first four M names were coincidental. When they got pregnant with Mason they were going to name him Alexander but decided to stick with the M theme they accidentally created.  So after that, they just kept us all in the M theme. Even our pets are in the M theme. And get this; they're all boys. Yes, our dog Mickey, our cat Magnum and our bird MacGuybird are all males.

Things are crazy in the Murphy house but I wouldn't want it any other way.

\\\\\\\\\\
I hope you like this. This was another introduction but I hope you enjoy it because this is my first original story meaning it's not fanfic. I'm really excited about this story

Follow me on Twitter