Chapter 6 - Shared interests Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"Hey Nina! Armin here! Good to hear you're still alive. Listen, Jean and I planned to come over and check out what video games you have. Remember? We talked about it yesterday. Do you have time?"

You're surprised by the question since you knew the two guys for just a few hours and they already want to come over for a gaming session. You're not used to being visited by men, or people at all, but why not? It's an important step for you to become more social. You cant hide in your cozy home forever and if they try to do something you don't agree with, you have the home advantage.

"Yeah, sure You can come by at any time. I'm here."

"That's great! See you soon. I guess we'll be there in about 20 minutes."

When Armin hangs up, he leaves you with a strange feeling in your guts. You're not sure what to think or to expect about this. 20 minutes, he said. That gives you enough time to clean the table and wash the dishes. As soon as you finish, the doorbell rings. You open the door and see the two boys standing before you, greeting you with a friendly little side-hug as you invite them and guide them straight into the living room.

"Wow! You've got a nice place Nina! I wish my roommate here would have the same taste of decorating and cleanliness as you", Armin praised you as he gives Jean a glare of disapproval. Seems like Jean isn't the chores-type in their living arrangement. Jean rolls his eyes, visibly annoyed by this comment. You guess he hears this quite often. When they both are done with teasing and mocking, Jean makes eye-contact with you.

"That's all well and good, Armin, but why don't you tell me, Nina, do you believe in love at first sight, or should I pass by again?"

And there he starts his flirting again. His pick-up lines are funny in a silly sort of way and you smile at them.

"Whoa hey! Did the sun came out or did you just smile at me?" he fires off another one causing you to face-palm as you tried hard not to burst into loud laughter.

"Alright, alright. You had your fun, Jean. We're here for other things, remember?" Armin scolded his friend.

Jean rolls his eyes again and slumps back into the couch, huffing through his nose.

"I apologize for his behavior, Nina. He's always like this when he sees pretty women. I'm sure he doesn't mean it, since you're with Erwin." You froze, thinking that you must've misheard that.

"Excuse me?! I'm what?"

Armin's eyes widen. "Oh! Does this mean you're not? I'm sorry. You two seem to be so close and you acted very couple-like yesterday, so I and the others thought..."

Great. And all the others think that you're with Erwin too. So it's not just Hanji who thinks that you two would look like a couple. Do you really look that good together? Must be some kind of weird coincidence of chemistry or something like that. That wouldn't be that bad though since he's fucking handsome, sexy, nice, kind, and patient, but, no! That's impossible! If there's one thing you're absolutely sure about, then it's that the Nerd-Girl NEVER gets the good-looking guy in the end. Mother-nature is a bitch in regards to that. You wave your hands in front of you defensively as you try to negate that impression.

"No, no. It's okay. We're not together. I mean he's nice and kind to me. He comforts me when I'm sad, but I guess that's what friends are for, right? We're just friends, I guess... and on top, he is my trainer!"

Now Jean kicks in again "See Armin? I told you!" Armin flushes into a deep red color, ashamed of himself.

"Enough of that!" you said, clapping your hands together "You're here for some video games, right? Then lets play!"

Armin recovers his composure quickly. You stand up from the couch and gesture them to follow you so you can show them a big shelf in the corner of the room that's only filled with video games from PlayStation 1- 4. The two boys stare in awe at your collection and their eyes sparkle just like those from little children on Christmas day, which makes you chuckle as the two browse through the shelves and marvel at every single title you own. When they do finally make their choise, its a PS4 game that both haven't played before but you've been through three times by now. Horizon: Zero Dawn. A very nice game made from a mix of action, adventure, survival and roleplay. One of your favourites.

When they come over with their game of choice, you show them your console on the cupboard directly in front of the couch. Turning on the TV, they stare again with big sparkling eyes at the wall. They didn't notice the 110" Toshiba projection screen T.V. mounted on the wall, seeing as the projector was mounted about ¾ of the way into the room by a tasteful wall mount that looked more like a light fixture. It seems they've never seen such a big TV before. Without hesitation, Jean takes the controller as he started to play.