Chapter 1

(Aria's POV)

I resided in a small happy town called Werchester, surrounded by the thickest of forests. We were one of many packs hidden away from the reach of human beings, who had no knowledge that we existed, which we preferred.

Human beings tend to destroy what they never understood, I guess I can say that my species were hypocrites. They never understood me and so sought to destroy what they had no explanation for.

My story begins in my little town on September 25th, 1990. My mother birthed a beautiful baby girl with cinnamon curls and imagined the best for my older brother and I. She named me Aria meaning melody because my cooing always sounded as though I was trying to sing.

The first fifteen years of my life went without a hitch. I was loved in the town and was known for my harmonious voice. Everything changed on my 16th year, the age that every wolf shifted for the first time. There was a ceremony to celebrate this important day in every young wolf's life, 'Anceps'. Think of it like a graduation, to officially allow you into the pack. Once you weren't a white wolf you graduated. If you were well I'll leave it up to your imagination, it wasn't anything good.

Anceps occurred on the 16th year of a wolf's life. A wolf shifted on his/her birthday for family
, and at Anceps the wolf shifted for their entire town to prove that they weren't a white wolf.

The night of my birthday my family and I went into the woods for my transformation. We were all excited as I was the last in the family to become a full wolf. My brother Aiden held onto a new pair of clothes for me as well as a blanket. I was nervous but excited. I would finally be able to go on night runs with my family.

I slowly got on all fours as my brother was now demonstrating. My father and mother held on to each other as they anticipated my shift.
"Just relax and feel the heat take over your body it's going to feel amazing the moment you let go!" Aiden shouted in excitement.
I smiled and relaxed as he instructed.

I can remember the way it made me feel, my body temperature rose as heated emanated from the pours of my skin. My bones crackled and bent sending excruciating pain throughout my body. My teeth ached as they sharpened into deadly fangs. I screamed in pain as the muscles and bones in my body rearranged itself into a different being. My arms and legs contorted into paws, as my newly formed claws dug into the dirt beneath my feet bracing myself for the rest of the transformation.

My back expanded, as fur covered every inch of my body. I growled menacingly while my ears forcefully perked up, I clawed at them hoping for the transformation to hasten.

My sight adjusted to the forest around me. I was bigger, this new perspective felt strange. I bent stretching my legs in satisfaction. It was finally over I was finally going to feel more a part of my family than I've ever felt.

A noise from behind me caused my ears to perk. In the direction of the noise stood my family gawking at me in awe as though they were staring at a ghost. I took one step closer causing my mother to fall to her knees.

What was happening?

Aiden held his hands up in defense.

"Aria, stay calm, you need to shift back now." He pleaded.

I twisted my head in confusion. They all seemed afraid of me. Why would they be afraid of me? Aiden got closer his hands still in defense begging me again to shift back.

My heart dropped. I was afraid to see the colour of my fur. There was only one reason why my family would be afraid of me. I hesitantly placed my paw in front of me to be met with Snow White fur.

I whimpered and jumped back in awe.
This was not happening. I would be dead by sunrise.

White wolves were considered over powered and dangerous. The legend states that white wolves couldn't control their shift and therefore were a danger to each pack and the existence of wolves. White wolves were also very rare. There was no possible way for any wolf to mate and create pure bred white wolves. Only white wolves can create white wolves.