25 | The Past

THE BILLIONAIRE'S LOVERChapter 25

Chapter 25

She stared at the sleeping figure beside her. How can somebody hold such power that can either make or break her?

Blaire lifted her hand and slowly traced his face with the tip of her fingertips. She lightly touched his eyes down to the stubble of his jaw before pushing through his perfectly trimmed black hair.

It is times like this that makes her want to reconsider everything. Na for once maybe she could be selfish and keep him by her side even if it meant that she was only his lover and nothing to it.

If only she could stop time.

And capture everything in this moment.

Blaire couldn't stop but kiss his cheeks, eyelids, nose, neck, and jaw. She breathed him in deeply, pressing her lips to the smooth skin of his cheek and mouthed "I still love you James." but said nothing.

She felt him moving and went back to check his face. The anticipation of seeing his eyes open slightly made her heart accelerate.

Ang mga mapupungay nitong mata na nakatitig sa kanya.

The corner of his mouth turns into a slight smirk and she could see the twinkle in his eyes. A wave of warmth washes over her.

"Had a nice sleep?" He muttered in that low seductive voice.

Hindi mapigilan ni Blaire na mamula at nahihiyang tumango. She proceeded to get up and quickly looked around for her clothes.

Grabbing one of the pillows, she proceeded to get down from bed and cover herself while kneeling down to get her dress.

"I don't know why nahihiya ka pa sa akin, when I've seen and taken you a couple of times already." He smirked.

Hindi naman sumagot si Blaire at dali-dali lang dinampot ang mga gamit bago dumiretso sa joint bathroom nito.

Natatawa naman si James at tumayo rin sabay sinundan siya papunta sa banyo.

Hindi mapigilan ni Blaire tumili at hinagis ang sapatos kay James. "P-pwede ba, magdamit ka?"

He snorted. "My company, my rules."

"K-kahit n-a...na!"

"Darling, 'wag kang pabebe."

Napanganga naman siya at sinundan ito ng tingin. "GAGO!"

Sabay silang lumabas sa detention room kuno where James taught her a lesson. Indeed it was a lesson learned, she sarcastically taught.

Bago lumabas ng room ay hinarap niya ito, "Sir may kailangan pa po ba kayo?"

Hindi naman agad ito umimik at tumitig lang sa kanya.

"Sir?"

"Ikaw."

"Oka— ha?"

"Call me James, no need to be so formal darling."

"You're my boss and..." Sinamaan siya nito ng tingin. "Fine! May kailangan ka pa ba James?"

"Hmm...ikaw?"

"Ha-ha, funny! Pero seryoso may kailangan ka pa ba?"

Hinila naman siya nito ng lalaki at kinulong sa kanyang bisig. "Diba sabi ko nga ikaw? Kulit."

Hindi naman mapigilan na bumilis bigla ang tibok ng puso nito. "E-ewan ko s-saiyo! Hindi nakakatuwa 'yang mga biro mo!"

"Sino ba nagsabing nagbibiro ako?"

Hindi siya makaimik at iniwas ang mukha nito. Tila nagdilim naman ang itsura ni James at hinawakan ang mukha nito upang iharap sa kanya.

"I don't know if somebody told you but I'm serious here Blaire. I mean it when I said na tayo na lang ulit. Handa akong kalimutan ang nakaraan at magsimula tayo ng bago. I'll even forget that you cheated on me."

But I didn't cheat. She wanted to say.

"So ano, tayo na lang ulit?"

She wanted to say no, wanted to explain that she didn't do it, wanted to tell him that it was all a misunderstanding but her mouth didn't follow her mind and instead muttered a simple, "Yes."

Lumiwanag naman ang mukha nito at niyakap siya ng mahigpit. "I'm sure you won't regret Blaire! I have tons of surprises in stored for you!" He happily exclaimed.

But why did her heart seem pained? Why was there a nagging feeling that she shouldn't have said yes?

Bakit parang may mali?

Binitawan siya sa pagyakap nito at nakita niya ang masayang mukha ni James. His face says one thing but his eyes were telling another story.

She blinked, and the weird emotion from his eyes disappeared before she could decipher what it was.

"Tomorrow there's a formal event. You should attend!"

"Ah, p-pass na lang ako James, alam mo naman na it's not my thing."

"What do you mean not your thing?" He sarcastically said before masking it with genuine concern.

It was so fast that Blaire almost missed it but nonetheless she ignored it.

"You're going whether you like it or not." He playfully added. "Sasabihin ko na lang sa secretary ko na i-email saiyo yung details. For now, why don't you go home and rest?"

"I still have a lot of work to do— mamaya na lang."

"No I insist, since you're mine and all."

Wala ng nagawa si Blaire kundi tumango na lang. Nagsimula na siyang maglakad papunta sa pintuan ng pigilan siya ni James.

"Oh and one more thing darling."

"Yeah?"

"Don't forget to wear the outfit that I'll be sending later."

Muli siyang tumango at lumabas ng pintuan.

Blaire didn't thought much about that day. Kung alam niya lang kung anong mangyayari ay sana'y hindi na lang siya pumayag na sumama, sana'y hindi na lang siya pumayag na makipagbalikan, sana'y hindi na lang niya na hinayaan pumasok si James sa kanyang puso at buhayin ang natutulog nitong damdamin.

Ngunit nang dahil sa kanyang desisyon ay muli nanaman siyang dadanas ng pait at sakit.

And this time, hindi na niya alam kung kakayanin pa niya.

A/N: Following chapters should be exciting! Stay tuned! Don't forget to vote, leave a comment, and share to your friends!

Thank you for 5k reads!!