𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. secrets don't make friends

what we feel started before we ever touched

THE PLAN was simple: Peter would use the science trip to Europe—which Elise managed to get on, last minute—to get closer to Elise before finally admitting his feelings for her

THE PLAN was simple: Peter would use the science trip to Europe—which Elise managed to get on, last minute—to get closer to Elise before finally admitting his feelings for her. They had known each other for a week, but they had seen each other all day, every day. Spending so much time with someone was one of the quickest ways to fall for them. And fall he did. He could only hope she liked him the same way he liked her. No matter the outcome, Peter wanted his confession to be perfect, so he devised a foolproof plan. The night before, Peter spent all night coming up with the perfect plan, researching all of the destinations on the trip so he could plan accordingly.

Peter already went over the plan with his aunt, May, the night he made up the plan, all he had to do was tell his best friend. The second the bell rang for their last hour class, Peter plopped down in his seat in the art room next to Ned. Peter looked at him expectantly while Ned's brows were knitted in confusion. "I have a plan!" Peter blurted out. He spoke quickly, needing to get the words out before Elise arrived. "Okay, first, I sit next to Elise on the plane."

"Mhm." Ned nodded, still confused. No matter how confused he was, he was nice enough not to interrupt his jittery counterpart.

"Second," Peter continued. "I'm gonna buy a dual headphone adapter and watch movies with her the whole time."

"Okay."

"Third, when we go to Venice, Venice is super famous for making things out of glass, right?" Peter asked.

"True," Ned answered, nodding along thoughtfully.

"So, I'm gonna buy her an ocean wave necklace, because, well..."

"She's a swimmer," He and Ned said in unison.

Then, Peter finished telling Ned the rest of his plan. "Four, when we go to Paris, I take her to The Louvre, give her the necklace. And then, five, I tell her how I feel. Then six, hopefully she feels the same way..." He trailed off.

Ned just nodded along before saying, "Oh! Don't forget step seven."

Peter looked down and opened the notebook he had his plan written down in. He scanned the list, muttering, "Step seven..."