𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. mile shy club

i might as well be over the moon

"HAVE FUN, take lots of pictures, and remember to call every night, if you're not too busy

"HAVE FUN, take lots of pictures, and remember to call every night, if you're not too busy." Adriana reminded her daughter. Elise smiled and nodded as her mom grabbed her face and kissed her cheek. "Te voy a extrañar mucho, mí vida." Adriana said, giving her daughter one last hug, whispering in her ear, "Good luck, agent." Adriana's eyes crinkled as she smiled at Elise.

"Yo también. Love you, mom." Elise smiled before turning to face her dad. Mateo looked down at Elise with a stern expression. She mocked and mimicked his expression, looking up at him as she crossed her arms. "You're not gonna see me for two weeks and this is the farewell I get?! Gee, what a great dad." Elise joked, trying to keep her straight expression. She cracked a smile and laughed at her own sarcastic comment, causing Mateo to laugh too.

He wrapped his arms around Elise's smaller frame and squeezed her tightly, saying, "I'm only kidding, chiquita. I love you, I already miss you." He chuckled before letting go of Elise. "If you need anything, or anything happens, call us. Then we'll book the next flight to Venice, or Paris, o— or wherever!"

Elise chuckled at her father's joke, but when she looked up she could see the worry in his eyes. This confused her. Her overprotective, ex-spy mother wasn't even worried, neither was Elise. They were content knowing that Agent Hill, Fury and his whole new organization would be there watching over her, Spider-Man would be there too. She would be in good hands. But, all of these reasons that they were content were things Mateo didn't know. Things he couldn't know. In his eyes, she would be his little girl, by herself, in a different country. She was the little girl that had just come back to him, and now she was leaving.

Elise felt guilty for leaving her dad and leaving him out of the loop, but she had to. She expressed those feelings to Adriana when she took on the mission, hoping that her mom would tell her that it'll be okay and the feeling would pass. She got no such reassurance. Her mom told her that she had kept her past spy life a secret from Mateo. Their entire relationship, it never got any easier. Now, her daughter had to do the same.