Chapter 1

It is midnight. The club as always noisy. Lights flashing and I feel the urge to drink until I forget who I am. Today is just me and my convictions. My phone at this time should be getting a thousand calls and a million messages in some trash can I found around before coming here. For tonight I will remember who I am and forget who I will be tomorrow, the things I will have to promise and fulfill even if I do not want to and everything I have repressed throughout my life. Today I will toast my end and my destiny is the bar of this place.

I walk by people bumping into them and they bumping into me. I listen to some flirts but nothing is effective. If I do not drink and get drunk I will not have the courage to do the things I want to do today. The chance to give me one last chance to take a chance.

I find a vacant chair on the counter and when I see one of the bartenders pass by I pull him by the sleeve and try to speak as loudly as possible so he can hear me even with the noise.

"Sorry! A shot of the strongest you've got!" - He seems to look at me. I'm not sure. The strands of his hair are covering his eyes. He nods and reaching for a bottle and a glass behind the counter he gives me what I want.

"If you raise your hand we will see. No need to pull us. Some of us may not like it" - He speaks and I think he is reprimanding me but seeing a genuine smile and a nice gesture I realize that he is only advising not to do something wrong.

"I'm sorry" - I say and he nods again and attends to someone else.

////////////////////

"Calm! The night started now. Instead of having a glass of escort you should find some girls wanting fun around here" - The bartender said tying my fourth shot. I do not usually drink but did not know that 4 small doses of a drink could take me so high.

"This glass of alcohol and a bartender who brings customers to stop drinking is giving me the best fun I've had this week" - He looks at me and smiles at my comment but then looks away from me.

"How about going to the dance floor and finding someone there that shows you what would be a better way to have fun? I bet it would be better than getting carried away from here" - He speaks with his arms on the balcony looking at me. The club lights can light him up now.

"If the person who will carry me is you, then I want to order another 10 shots" - I speak with a laugh and put my arms on the counter too, being less than 20cm away from him.

"You were unlucky, those big boys dressed in black at the entrance will make a point of doing this work" - He talks back to his original position and prepares some more drinks that other customers asked for.

"But I do not usually drink. I just need to drink today to forget some problems" - He looks at me between of the strands of hair on his face. I do not know if it's the alcohol, the place or everything, but I start to appreciate what I see.

"It is not news that people come to drink because they want to forget something" - He puts his elbow on the counter and rests his face on the palm of his hand - "And what would be your problems? I am a good listener"

Would it be smart of me to share something personal with someone I do not know? But seeing such attentive eyes waiting for me to say something made me speak ignoring such questions.

"I'll get married tomorrow" - I say after sighing.

"And would not that be a reason to be happy?" - He asks me in surprise.

"Not when you're marrying by force with a girl you despise" - I say, running my finger over the edge of my glass that I have not taken to my mouth since he started talking to me.