Chapter 5 - An unforgetable game

Start from the beginning

.
"Come on, dude! I know you. You're a womanizer. It's totally out of character for you to not share your prey with your best buddy."

Enough is enough. Nina is NOT my prey and I'm going to make that crystal clear, right here, right now! I slam my fist on the table and grab Mike by his collar, pulling him over the table to force him to look me directly in the eyes. I whisper to him, so the others won't hear us.

"Listen, Mike, because I won't repeat it again: You will NOT lay a hand on her. Otherwise, I'm going to break it. Did I make myself clear?" Mike started to sweat and pant under my tight grip around his collar. All the others at the table stared at us in surprise and fear but I couldn't care less. Mike grinds with his jaw until I finally get the answer I want.

"Yes, Erwin. Very clear." I released him and he sinks back into his seat. Not a minute too soon either asit seems, because Hanji and Nina were about to come back to us. My face softens when I look at her and I stand up so she will be able to sit between me and Levi again but instead she stops to look around.

"Is something wrong? All the others are staring at you." She noticed. Of course, she noticed. She's always so observant.

"No. Everything's alright sweetie. Mike and I were just having a heated discussion. Right?" When I turned my face to Mike, he looks to the side, ashamed.

"Yes. Everything's in perfect order." He replied with an annoyed expression.

Good for me that Nina is also a bit naive, this makes the situation a lot easier. When she's about to sit down again, I grab her by her wrist causing her to turn around in surprise and looks up to me, waiting for me to give her a reason why I stopped her. I spotted the pool table on the other side of the room. "Nina, you want to play a round of billiards with me?" I offered while pointing at the table. There it is: that smile of hers I came to adore on her the most.

"Yes, with pleasure. But go easy on me. It's been a while since I played billiards."

Just I dragged her with me, I heard Hanji yelling in the background "Hey! The two lovebirds are going to make a match! Who else wants to watch Erwin's ass being banged by the new girl on the block?!"

And then all of our friends stand up to join us at the pool table. Nina and I look at each other and then.....well, we burst into laughter.

~A little later~

The game lasted for over an hour and to my big surprise: the game was even! Every one of us had only one last billiard-ball to hole. All women in our circle of friends encouraged Nina at the top of their lungs, while all the men, except Levi, did the same to me.

"I thought it's been a while since you played the game?" I joked at her since I couldn't tell if she lied to me before.

"I thought so too, but I guess there are some things I can't forget about!" she replied with a wink.

I chuckle. "Then you better not forget how you lost this match because I will make sure that you won't!"

"Big words, Mr. Tall and Handsome. Prove it!" Mr. Tall and Handsome. That's a nickname I could get used to. It sounds way better than "Eyebrows".

"Then watch out. Here's my turn!" I gave the white ball a bump with the queue as it smashes my red 7, shoving it into the hole I wanted. Cheering on the manly side of the pool table with a winners smile, I step aside, offering Nina the table. A dirty smirk appears on her lips. What is she up to? She chooses an unusual place for her move, because she places herself now right in front of me, bending nearly over half of the table, which earned her a lot of catcalling whistles not to mention the alcohol she consumed made it a lot easier for her to let go. Useless she was trying to distract me and in some way, it works. It's a very nice view though. Seeing her jeans getting stretched by that nice and firm ass I was able to take a very little peek at her panties which showed up under the hem of her jeans. I turn around to Levi and chuckle at his posture. He is sitting in his chair, holding tight to the armrests and staring at Nina's butt as if his eyes were glued to it. Sadly, I couldn't enjoy this funny view since my attention was called back to reality as all of the women start to yell and cheer. I turn back and saw, that Nina has holed her red 7 as well. Damn, she is good!

"It's your turn again, Erwin. Now it's all or nothing."

I stepped to the table to prepare for my final strike on the black 8 as I place the queue in position but then, I freeze. The silence was now all I heard. Some quick thoughts ran through my mind before I made a decision. I put the queue down on the table and hear the others whisper, clearly wondering what I am up to. I turn to Nina and offer her my hand. "How about we agree to a draw?"

Her eyes widen in surprise and her gaze switches several times between me and the table. A few seconds later, she also puts her queue down before she takes my hand. "Agreed!"

Very pleased with her answer, I grabbed her hand to pull her to my chest, where I embrace her tightly and for the first time, she hugs me back. She puts her arms around my neck and holds tight to me, tenderly. A wonderful feeling which I truly enjoy. That's when all of our friends cheer in pure joy. Lots of congratulations were spoken st the night ended on a good note. I take a peek on my watch to see it is almost 1 A.M. I guess it's time to head home for today. I put Nina down again as I tell her that we need to leave. She agrees and after some heartbreaking goodbyes, Nina, Levi and I take the cab to drive us home, dropping her off first. In front of her building, we three got out of the cap to say goodbye properly. We hug again and she gives me a gentle kiss on my cheek, a welcoming warmth rises inside of me, up to my face. A warmth I haven't felt for many years.

"Thanks, Erwin. This was the best night I've ever had. Maybe we can repeat that again someday?"

"With you, always!" I acknowledged happily. "Good night then sweetie. I'll see you tomorrow at the gym." I get back into the cab. Now it's Levi's turn to make his move. Don't screw up, buddy.

Levis P.O.V.

This whole night-out thing was a giant mess! First Mike tried to devour my brat before my very eyes. Then he tried to make her his fucktoy! Good thing that Erwin stepped in. I swear I would've let him pay with his blood for this! Then to top it all the brat, swaying her ass around that pool table and bending over it so everyone could see her backside. Damn, that stupid girl will be the death of me! Now she is standing in front of me, trying to say goodnight as if nothing happened. I am about to get back into the cab as a hand holds me back, turning me around again.

"Don't you want to say goodnight, Levi?" Oh no! Don't give me the puppy eyes!

"Tsk. Goodnight, brat". Maybe now she will sense that I'm not in the mood for her playing innocence. I want to leave and enter the cap but once more, I was turned around. This time I feel her arms around my neck, holding tight to me as she plants a kiss on my cheek teh same way she did with Erwin before.

"W-What are you doing there?!" I blurted at her. She caught me totally off guard but I didn't change anything in my expression, not giving her the slightest conclusion of my mental state. I definitely won't grant her this satisfaction. She holds on to me for dear life a little longer as I sense her breath against my ear.

"Goodnight, Levi. And......thank you again for tonight. I see you later." With that, she let go of me and runs straight to the building of her apartment.

"Hey! Wait! Come back at once!" I barged after her, but she already disappeared through the entrance. I touch my cheek where her lips lingered moments before and allt of a sudden......I smiled. That stupid brat. What is she doing to me? Why do I feel so......good but bad at the same time?

When I finally enter the cab where Erwin waits for me, I growl at him "Let's go. I'm tired." Erwin just grins, as always, when he sees something that amuses him. He can be so fucking annoying...