America

(Merp, warning but this part touches on 9-11... Which was a horrible event in US history! Sorry if anyone was insulted or anything by my choosing of this for the subject!!)

Chapter 1

My heart beat quickened when my father pulled up to the two huge towers, both if them as tall as giants and gleaming in the sunlight. Then again, being only 10, some adults may say that my judgement is only like this because I'm so short! But they really did look huge, and even my dad smiled at my expression as we stepped out of the car. I took in the building for a few more seconds before my dad spoke up.

"Ready to go in there my boy?" He asked, smiling.

"Oh! Yes pappa, sorry!" I said quickly before grabbing his hand.

He smiled at me and tugged his hat lower on his face before we entered the World Trade Centre. The air conditioning was blasting, blowing through my messy blonde hair and refreshing me instantly.

"How may I help you sir?" The secretary asked, smiling slightly at my enthusiasm as we approached.

"Goin' to work Melissa, and bringin' my son with me! It is 'bring your son to work day!' " My father said happily.

"Aw, what's this little guys name?" Melissa asked.

"Alfred F. Jones, and I'm not little!!" I cried out loudly.

Melissa smiled more and gestured to the elevator. "Head on up to your floor then sir, and enjoy your day Alfred!"

"Thank you!" My father and I said in-sync, before proceeding to the elevator.

"Hey Daddy, can I press the button...?" I asked, reaching towards the highest floor's button.

"Sure son, go ahead!"

I pressed it, the ultra-high tech elevator speeding up very quickly. I looked around excitedly, having never been in such a fast elevator before; I can't wait to tell mommy!

We arrived on the highest floor and daddy led me to his cubicle; a nice computer and phone sat there, along with a stash of pens. Taking a fancy pen in hand, I started to click it on and off as my father sat down and started typing into the interface, glancing up from his phone and back at the computer.

"Oi! Mr. Jones!" I glanced up to see a man in full suit running over to my dad's cubicle.

"Oh, Tommy! What's up?" 'Tommy' dabbed his forehead with a fancy cloth before continuing.

"The boss man wanted to see you, thank god your here on time for once!"

"Ha-ha, I'lll be right there...!"

"This your son?" Tommy asked, gesturing to me.

I smiled widely. " Yep! I'm Alfred!"

He smiled impishly. "I see."

"Hey Alfred, go on down a few floors, to the third floor below us. You'll probably like lookin' around there!" My pappa said happily, ushering me away.

"I'll come pick ya up later son, you have fun!"

I nodded quickly, a bit unhappy to be separated, but headed to the elevator and waited for it. It came up quickly, a person walking out as I entered.

I pressed the button to go to the 87th floor, then started waiting. The doors inched closed as a hand slid between them quickly like in a horror movie; the elevator doors came open as a tall man entered, scaring me with his suddenness. He probably noted my expression as he started talking.

"Sorry if I scared you." He had a funny accent as he spoke.

"It's okay!" I looked at his clothes; he was wearing a scarf in September, how strange since it was warm out! "It's kinda weird how your wearing a scarf in September already mister! Are you cold?"

"Da, I am a bit already. In my country we normally wear scarves all year-round, so I mistakenly brought it with me here." He seemed to have an interested glimmer in his eyes when he spoke to me.

"You come from Antarctica?!"

"Niet, Russia~" he chuckled.

Huh, is he a commie then..? I thought.

"This is my stop." He said, starting to step out as the elevator doors opened.

"Goodbye then...?"

"Da, goodbye little America..." He called out as the doors closed behind him.

I laughed a bit. America? He must've meant American! I guess he mustn't know proper english?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kokolkol

Who was the fellow in the elevator?