14| "...foreigner..."

•|•|•

•|•|•

Just as Wakanda was getting ready to reveal itself to the outside world, T'Challa and Gemma's wedding was announced. On the day of their union, Wakandans celebrated the joyous occasion by dancing on the streets of the Golden City. The wedding ceremony was held in the Citadel with T'Challa's family, Nakia, Okoye with the Dora Milaje, M'Baku, and the Tribe Elders.

The wedding ceremony was followed by the coronation of Gemma as the new Queen of Wakanda. Just before she was crowned, Gemma shared her worries to T'Challa that it took years for everyone to consider her as a Wakandan, and some will doubt her as their queen. T'Challa told her that she shouldn't worry and they will face everything together, be it as problems or blessings.

"A baby girl was found just outside our borders. No one knew who, or how, or why she was left there. No one knew about her origin. She was a mystery to us all. The late King T'Chaka found her and brought her inside Wakanda. Here, she grew up to be a Wakandan, but she was called an outsider and a foreigner. One boy thought that it was unfair be treated differently just because she was not from here, and chose to be her friend. The girl grew up and became one of the strongest warriors of Wakanda, and the boy grew up and became the King of Wakanda. They faced so many challenges in their lives, but here they are now. The King and Queen of Wakanda!"

After the wedding and the coronation, T'Challa and Gemma never had a chance to be alone without the interruption of their family and close friends. Both have busy schedules, T'Challa preparing to open Wakanda to the world and Gemma learning to become a queen from her mother-in-law, Ramonda. Despite the fact that they were too busy to spend time with each other, they were happy that they were finally together after everything they've been through. There won't be sad tears and heartbreaks anytime soon.

~•~•~

"Do you have to go, my love?"

Gemma was staring down at the Golden City from the balcony of the Citadel when she heard T'Challa's voice. She turned around and saw her husband standing behind her with a sad look on his face. She looked behind him and saw Shuri, Nakia, and Okoye with the same look he has.

After becoming queen and opening Wakanda to the outside world, she kept recalling the one on one fight she had with Erik at Mount Bashenga. She was worried and scared that she might not be able to protect Wakanda if another attack occur. She wanted to prove herself that she was strong in her own way, without the help of the heart shaped herb or a special suit.

"I have to. I need to."

T'Challa sighed softly as Gemma turned to face him and placed a gentle hand on his cheek.