2| "...like an antelope in headlights..."

•|•|•

•|•|•

Gemma. A woman with no last name, no family, no past, no memories. She's nothing but a foreigner in Wakanda.

T'Challa. The man who changed all that. He became her first friend, he treated her as a part of his family, he made many great memories with her to remember. He made her a Wakandan.

Many learned to love Gemma yet few still despised the thought of her, as an outsider, a foreigner living in Wakanda. The country's hidden from the outside world for a very good reason and it all changed just because of one woman.

Inside the Royal Talon Flyer, T'Challa and Gemma were sitting together with their hands tightly intertwined as they stare at each other.

They knew whatever they have has to stop but a moment like this is rare. They cherished every second, every minute of it until it's gone. They wouldn't trade it for anything. The only time they can be themselves, the only time their hearts connect as one.

Okoye and Nakia glanced at the two before turning to each other with soft smiles on their faces. The two women saw the love they share together and couldn't help but admire the discipline the two have when together in public, the restraint they have to fight the urge to run and be in each other's arms when it's pretty obvious that they clearly wanted to.

"Sister Nakia. Sister Gemma. My Prince."

T'Challa and Gemma turned to Okoye.

"We are home."

While Okoye and Nakia smiled happily at each other, T'Challa and Gemma exchange devastated looks.

It was a rare moment indeed. They have to face the reality that they were living in different worlds. T'Challa as the king-to-be of Wakanda and Gemma as a mere foreigner. They hated the fact they can't be together.

Gemma stared at T'Challa as she reluctantly withdrew her hand from his with a sad smile on her face before standing up and walking over to Nakia and Okoye.

She felt heartbroken yet again. As much as she wanted to be with him, she can't. He'll be the King of Wakanda tomorrow and his people need him. She'll pay the price for pushing him away so he could focus on what's more important, which is his responsibilities and duties as a king.

T'Challa stared at his hand, all he felt was coldness rather than the warmth of her hand. He sighed heavily and glanced at her. He felt incomplete without her. He wanted to be with her. He wanted to love her freely.