~Chapter 15~

"Lucy heartfilia Vs. Flare Corona!"

I leaned against the railing, holding myself up with my arms. I watched as Lucy entered the arena, a confident smile on her face. I cupped my mouth and cheered for her, mine and my guild mates voices muffling out the booing from the crowd. I met Lucy's gaze and gave her a thumbs up, to which she returned before walking to the middle and shaking hands with Flare. The red haired Raven tail member held a crazed look in her amber eyes as both her and Lucy exchanged a few words before backing away to opposite sides of the arena.

The longer the fight went on, the more the burning feeling in my chest resurfaced. I kept my gaze trained on the two, Flare having strung up Lucy with her hair and threatening to burn the Raven tail guild mark over her pink Fairytail one. I shifted as I heard a small crack behind me. I glanced down at the ground to see a lock of red hair wiggling from the concrete. Right behind Asuka. The burning increased ten fold as I grabbed the hair and used my newly formed claw to cut it. I turned back to the fight and held it up.

"NOW LUCY! BEAT HER ASS!"

Lucy immediately broke free and summoned Gemini. I gripped the railing tightly, an immense aura of power appearing out of nowhere. Lucy slowly opened her eyes, her once brown orbs now a glowing gold. All of a sudden, the power was gone, and the mocking started.

"Lucy Heartfilia is unable to fight. Flare Corona wins!" I jumped off the balcony and ran to Lucy who had fell to her knees from exhaustion. I held my hand out to her, catching her attention and causing her to lift her head. She had tears running down her face and wounds all over. I pushed down the anger and let a smile onto my face.

"Don't worry about this loss Lucy, we'll definitely turn this thing around in the next event. Lets continue to fight..for Fairytail..and for our friends. Okay?" Lucy nods and grabs my hand, a wide smile replacing her frown. I pull her up and walk away with her. I lag behind before coming to a complete stop, the rage almost impossible to suppress. I grit my teeth and turn my head towards Flare who was still basking in the glory. She catches my shadowed gaze and smirks widely.

"Uh oh, did blondie leave?~ I wanted to catch another look at her crushed face~" She laughed, opening her mouth to gloat some more before stopping abruptly, a visible shiver going down her spine. I lifted my head, glaring at her with all the fury I had. After a few moments I turned and walked away, leaving a shivering and terrified red head.

I caught up with Lucy and fell into pace with her, making our way to the infirmary.

"Hey (Y/n), I was wondering where you went."

I turned to her, smiling.

"Sorry, I just wanted to congratulate Flare, although she played rather dirty and cheated in the end, she still put up one hell of a fight at the beginning huh?" Lucy nodded and turned ahead, a comfortable silence falling over us. The smile fell from my face once more, my hands clenched and craving to crack another wall.

After getting Lucy patched up, we went back to the Balcony. Upon arriving I spotted Mystogan and Jura battling it out. Mystogan looked like he was about to release a powerful attack before he stopped and fell to the ground, rolling around in hysterics. I couldn't help but chuckle myself at how silly he looked. Eventually he passed out from laughing too much and the match went to Jura.

I sighed and walked away from my group, informing them I was going on a walk before leaving. After while I spotted a familiar head of blond hair amongst a group. I slipped behind a corner and peered out at the group of 5. It was Sabertooth's team. I used my heightened hearing to eavesdrop on them, having nothing better to do.

"Looks like Fairytail really isn't the best guild anymore. They already made a fool of themselves and it's only the first day. Makes me wonder how long it'll be before they give up completely." I heard Sting say, his teammates humming or muttering their agreements. I stepped out from behind the wall and strolled up to them.

"It saddens me to see that you haven't changed since you were a kid Sting. Talking crap just for the sake of talking crap," I shook my head, stopping in front of him, "but just so you know..." I lifted my head to look into his eyes, my own glowing softly, "Fairytail will never give up. And tomorrow, we're going to turn this competition around and keep going upwards from there." I grabbed his collar and brought him down to my level, the swirling heat in my chest coming alive. "I'll say this once, and once only so you better listen up. Fairytail will take it's spot on top again and there's nothing you can do to stop it. So I suggest you start focusing  on your strategies and your guild instead of obsessing over ours like a lovesick puppy." I released his collar and walked passed him, lazily lifting a hand to wave.

"See ya tomorrow, Sabertooth~"