Chapter 9

The Power of Love Ch. 9

"Excuse me Mycroft," a high voice asked

Sherlock Holmes was on an emergency case and wasn't permitted to bring a five year old to the crime scene. Mainly because it was a little bit graphic.

Not that Sherlock cared. More like Greg did.

"I mean Mr. Mycroft," she corrected.

"Call me Mycroft," he replied trying to get work done.

"Can you help me?"

"Hm?"

"Help me up," she asked nervously.

He turned to see her pointing towards the piano, but could see she wasn't tall enough to climb the seat.

He rolled his eyes and put his cold hands around her waist putting her as far away from him as possible. While he walked carefully she stiffened, noticing his uncomfortableness.

"Thank you," she stated as he sat her down.

He soon walked away to get back to work.

"Wait," she stated quickly.

He stopped walking and rolled his eyes once again. He smiled trying to hide his annoyance and asked, "Yes?"

She put her hand and signaled for him to sit next to her on the bench.

"Sherl said you can play and it's good to learn from others. That's what my tutor told me."

"And?"

"Can you-"

"No."

"Pretty pleaaaassseeeeee," she begged, "please uncle my."

"My name is-"

"Pleeeaaassseeeeeeee," she begged once again.

He rolled his eyes once again as he promptly sat next to her.

The music on the sheet was Heart and Soul.

"You need help with this piece? It's easy!"

"It's a warmup piece," she explained.

He sighed and started to play, his long boney fingers playing the beginning with nothing but accuracy.

She soon came in playing the chords watching him and observing in the process.

Meanwhile Anthea took a picture from afar, hoping Mycroft wouldn't notice.

Mycroft blinked his eyes once again as he saw her, now older, walk away.

Mycroft ate quickly until he saw what the two girls were watching on television.

It was Christmas time once again and a young Eliza and Charlotte were watching "The Sound of Music."

Sherlock rolled his eyes at his elder brother's over dramatic reaction.

Mycroft quickly walked, faster than he ever walked in his lifetime, and picked up Charlotte out of protectiveness as she squeaked in surprise.

"Mymy what are you-"

"There is no possible way," he proclaimed, as he sent her into another room, "I am letting my niece watch that."

He then realized what he just did and carefully put her down seeing her red cheeks. He walked away as if nothing happened as Sherlock smirked at the moment.

Mycroft blinked twice once again to go back to reality.

"I've always hated musicals," he muttered.