"Relax, will you?" Roman reminded me, as he opened the passenger's door. "Aren't you happy that you will be reuniting with your family?"

"No," I told him truthfully, looking directly into his dark eyes as I slid out of the car. "I actually feel terrible seeing them at once. I don't like the unwanted attention that will be directed to us during dinner."

"I wonder why?" He mused silently leading me to the foyer steps. He placed a hand securely in my waist as we starts to ascend to the steps. "Are you scared that Ruby's little secrets will be out?"

I glared at him hotly. I noticed the playfulness playing in the depth of his eyes. I think he was enjoying this restlessness I have more than he should have. For a moment I assume that he's quite excited to meet my family and that is very unlikely of him.

Before we had the chance to knock at the door, of course, my grandfather's hired help already knew our arrival. A uniformed maid opened the door with a ready smile on her face. "Good evening, Miss Ruby."

I was afraid to cross the threshold I could almost feel the thundering of my heart. I somehow summoned my legs to take a step forward.

"Where's everybody?" I asked the housekeeper as she led us further inside.

"Miss Emerald and Miss Amethyst are in the living room." She replied guiding us to the living room area.

"Where's Sapphire?" I inquired inquisitively. As I thought Granddad fooled me when told me that my workaholic older sister would also come to his dinner party.

"The lady boss is in her way as we speak, my dear sister." It was Emerald who answered my question. The maid excused herself and went to the kitchen Roman and I was left alone with the mercy of my sisters' curious eyes. "I am happy to see both of you again."

I ignored the hidden message with her smart remark. I would not fall into her bait tonight not when Amethyst's eyes fixed on Roman. "Are you not going to introduce us, little sister?"

I exhaled heavily, eyeing her and the man standing close to my side for a moment. I reluctantly made the requested introduction. "Roman this is Amethyst. Amethyst this is Roman."

"Hello, nice to finally meet you. I heard a great deal about you." My oldest sister greeted sweetly while her eyes glinted beneath the huge chandelier in the living room.

"My pleasure to meet you, Amethyst. I wish I could say the same about you. This is probably the first time I will learn something from Ruby's family." He eyed my twin sister sitting on the sofa with a friendly smile on his face. "Except for Emerald, of course. I met her a couple of times in the past."

I eyed the woman darkly giving her a silent warning. One wrong word would come out from her mouth I throttle her neck with my bare hands. It seems that she understood my silent warning for she raised an eyebrow in my direction with a gloating smile.

A mobile phone sounded in the living room. It was Roman's phone. He fished it out from his pocket. "Excuse me, but I have to take this." He went outside to take the phone call.

Once Roman was out of sight I asked completely changing the topic. "Where's the host of this dinner? I expect that he will be downstairs welcoming his visitors."

"He has a last-minute meeting upstairs." My oldest sister replied casually. "I think the meeting will end anytime soon. Daniel will cut it short knowing he all invited his granddaughters for dinner tonight."

I raised an eyebrow in Amethyst's direction. "Meeting? Since when did he start conducting meetings in his private fortress?"

She waved her hand brushing my question aside. "Oh, this is only a one-off meeting, I believe. Their original meeting is originally scheduled for tomorrow in his office in the city but the man in question needs to fly somewhere tomorrow."

"You will not believe who is the man having a meeting with Granddad, Ruby," Emerald announced readily, tucking her legs behind her on the couch while resting her chin on the huge sofa pillows.

"Who are you talking about, Em?"

I saw Emerald's eyes lit with delight upon seeing our older sister Sapphire entered the room. I think I never saw my twin sister this excited. I think I have some idea who might be the mystery man who was having a meeting with Daniel St. Clair.

"Who are you talking about, Em?" Sapphire repeated her question innocently, placing her car keys in her bag. "Did I hear you right? Granddad is having a meeting here in his private estate right this moment?"

"Oh, Sapphire..." Our oldest sister started.

But the words trailed off when we heard Daniel's voice from the grand staircase as he descended beside the mystery man. I glanced at my newly arrive sister as the recognition was palpable in her face.

She paled as the naked shock was visible in her pretty face. The man's attention was still focused on Daniel as they probably putting an end to their discussion. They finally arrived at the bottom of the stairs still probably unaware of our presence in the living room. The man smiled and shook Granddad's hand before walking directly to us. He only made a single step when he stood dead in his direction and mirrored Sapphire's reaction.

Talking about awkwardness at Daniel's dinner party I never thought that my older sister would top my unexplained arrival with Roman but this was epic. I thought deviously. Having to run with your ex inside your grandfather's living room was one hell of a misfortune.

They just stood there, Sapphire and Loukas staring at each other as if they couldn't believe their eyes. I was enjoying seeing this awkward encounter when the Greek man finally recovered from his shock. "Good evening, ladies." He greeted with a smile that quite didn't reach his eyes. "Sapphire..."

I heard my sister took a deep breath. Daniel broke the intense atmosphere inside the living room. "Sorry to keep you waiting, my children. We didn't mean to conduct this meeting tonight but Loukas has something important to do tomorrow so we amend it tonight." He eyed Sapphire's ex-husband. "Would you like to stay for dinner?"

Loukas Spiridakou briefly glanced at Sapphire before shaking his head. "Thank you for the offer but I believe it is a private dinner I should go to. My secretary will call you to finalize our business deal."

"Thank you for your time," Daniel said hopefully. "Maybe next time you will not turn down my dinner offer."

The Greek billionaire merely smile and said nothing. "Thank you for your time, Mr. St. Clair. I will see myself out."

"So formal." My grandfather remarked. "You were once fondly calling me—"

"I'm starving, Granddad," Emerald announced all of a sudden. I have a feeling that she did this to stop Daniel from opening a forbidden topic. "I hope your chef cooks a lot because I'm famished I haven't eaten anything since lunch."

Sapphire's ex shook his head as I watched him slowly took a measured step towards the door. No one could deny the tension between them. They still have it.

I glanced at my older sister who remained silent throughout the unexpected meeting it seems that she hasn't yet recovered from the encounter then I eyed our sly grandfather dirtily. "I assume your plan works perfectly, Granddad."

He gave me a gloating smile. "You have no idea, lass." He looked around the room. "Did you arrive alone, Ruby? Where's the young man I invited?"

I raised an eyebrow in his direction. "What if I arrive alone? Do you have a problem with that, Granddad?"

"Yes, I want to meet him," he answered casually.  "I want to meet the man who is rumored to be living with my granddaughter. I want to know if his intention towards you is honorable."

I snorted at his speech. I tucked my arms in the middle of my chest. "What's wrong with living a man and a woman living together this is the twenty-first century."

"Nothing wrong with a man and woman living together who are even married?" My grandfather asked indecorously.

"With all due respect, there's nothing wrong with our situation, sir." I heard Roman's voice coming from the hallway. He placed a secure hand on my shoulder. "Allow me to formally introduce myself I am Roman Vasquez. I am Ruby's husband."

I silently closed my eyes. Oh, good, Lord. Please wake me up from this nightmare. As I stared at the animated expression from my family. I will massacre Roman Vasquez tonight.