Chapter 2

School had finished for the day and I was so glad to be home after all of it. I got home and was just completely out of it. Gavin, Christie and I decided not to have lunch at the school cafeteria today but instead to go to KFC. The food at school was always horrible and tasted like vomit. I’m surprised they can get away with serving that kind of food, it’s worse than all the junk food in the world combined. Before we knew it, it was 2pm and we were late for Mr. Belford’s 30 minute rant on how we never cared about school rules and that we never did any of our geography work. God he was a pain in the arse sometimes but for some reason we all dealt with it. We tried to casually enter the classroom 10 minutes late but were caught.

“You 3 can see me at detention!” Mr. Belford had said. I was hoping to go home early this afternoon but apparently that was out of the question. Christie, Gavin and I just laughed at the fact that detention with the three of us would be anything but sensible. It wasn’t the first time we were late for geography but it was the first time Mr. Belford had given us detention which means someone is having a crap day.

As I walked through the door I was immediately questioned by my mother as to where I was and oh, did I have fun explaining I was in detention. I was always the good child, I never went out to late night parties, never had a sip of alcohol in my life and never had detention since today. My parents expected a lot from me and would never shut the hell up.

After my mother’s 20 minute rant about getting detention I headed for my room to unpack my stuff and looked at my phone. I had received a text from my cousin Ray, I never saw him much because he lived in New York although he told me that apparently he was moving.

“Hey! Guess who got a new job?!”

“Batman!!!”

“No silly ME! And I work with the most amazing people ever and I work as the most amazing thing ever but I won’t tell you unless you visit me.”

He knew that at this present stage I didn’t have the finances to go visit him in America but I wanted to so much. The things I could see, the places I could go, and all of it was my dream.

“You know I can’t afford to come visit you at the moment” I replied

“I know, that’s why I bought you a plane ticket to come over in 3 weeks and you don’t have to pay for accommodation or food because you can stay with me and you can bring your friend. Gavin, right?” I had to read his reply over five times. I could not believe he just bought a ticket for Gav and I to go stay with him in 3 weeks. I had to text both Ray and Gav. This was the most amazing thing ever.

“OMG thank you so so much. Do you mind taking a trip to Austin while we are there?” I decided to reply to Ray before I texted Gav. What if while we were there we got to meet our heroes! I then proceeded to text Gav the good news.

“Hey guess who is going to America?!”

After I sent Gav a text I saw that Ray had replied to my message.

“I’m sure we can go to Austin, after all that is where I live now.” The excitement was just over whelming although I don’t know if I could leave my mum alone for a while. I know that this is what she would want. The trip is scheduled just before my 3 week holidays so I know I can at least spend 3 weeks there. The hard part is telling my mum I’m leaving in 3 weeks for 3 weeks.

So guys Gav and Georgina are going to Austin or are they. Dun dun DUNNNN. Will Georgina’s mother allow her, will Gavin be allowed, will something come up, and all will be answered in the next 3 or 4 chapters.

Question of the chapter: Who is your favourite character so far? Mine is Gavin.