“Welcome everybody!” Tori spoke into the microphone that was attached to her head. “We dedicate this performance to you and your esteemed Chancellor!” Tori gestured to the man who was sitting on something that resembled a throne with his tell-tale guards surrounding him. More people clapped for the Chancellor than they did for them. Tori bit her lip in annoyance. “What a… swell guy.”

The music started as everybody got into position to start the dance that the group had taught the prisoners. Tori was pleased to see that as soon as they started to move, more people got involved, clapping and tapping their feet. At least they weren’t completely bland. As soon as it was time to sing, all thoughts were thrown to the back of Tori’s mind as she closed her eyes and let herself get lost in the music. She felt herself relax considerably and let herself have this. She’d been stressed, yelled at and thrown into a jail. She deserved this. To have her best friends beside her while practically performing for their lives was the most exhilarating experience of her life. She glanced at Jade who had already been looking at her and they smiled at each other. Jade winked and Tori grinned, feeling her heart beat pick up its pace. Without warning, the raven haired beauty danced over to her and held out her hand, a glint in her eye. This wasn’t part of the dance but Tori took it anyway, knowing that nobody would know the difference.

“Are you ready?” Jade whispered in Tori’s ear, breathlessly. Tori just nodded and held a squeal as Jade tipped her upside down, hand on her waist, the other supporting her head. Suddenly everybody else didn’t matter. Nothing else existed except for Jade. Tori couldn’t hear anything but the loud beating of her heart as she stared at the girl above her. Jade’s eyes were portraying such emotion that Tori couldn’t make sense of it. She wasn’t sure how long they’d stayed there when Jade gave her that smirk. The one that made Tori’s insides melt, her body throb and her heart pound.

“Time to go!” Jade mouthed and she pulled Tori up, spinning her and putting two hands on her waist. With another wink, she grabbed Tori’s wrist and dragged her backwards, following the others as the prisoner’s around them hid them. The music was still going and everybody was still dancing. To the audience, they would never even notice they were gone. The group went back behind the curtain to a much louder round of applause.

“Come on! We have to meet Sikowitz!” Beck exclaimed breathlessly. Tori and Jade looked at each other again. Tori wanted to say something but swallowed it down knowing Beck was right.

“Let’s go!”

They ran to the back of the building without running into any guards as they were watching the performance. They didn’t have long before their absence would be noticed. As promised, Sikowitz was waiting in the Duck Truck on the access road. The man was still dressed in the guard uniform and was drinking out of a coconut. Tori couldn’t even describe the relief she felt at seeing him, despite the bizarre fact that he had managed to find a coconut in Yerba.

“You did it!” Sikowitz exclaimed. Before they could celebrate their escape, sirens sounded behind them and the group froze.

“Come on! They know we’re gone!” Tori screeched. Andre, Beck and Robbie got into the truck while Cat, Jade and Tori climbed into the back of it.

“Drive Sikowitz!” Jade yelled as the man hit the gas and pedaled out of there as fast as the vehicle could go. Tori let out a sigh of relief when suddenly there was a loud squawk. Eyes widening she spotted a cage that had a duck in it!

“Oh my god,” she whispered and shook her head, leaning back and closing her eyes. “Sikowitz is insane.”

Soon the sound of sirens were nothing but noises in the distance far behind them and they were finally able to relax. The night sky was surprisingly clear in this country and she could make out many constellations that she could not see back in Hollywood. The full moon was high above them. It was beautiful. Tori’s eyes travelled to Jade who was staring at the sky like her. Tori was wrong. The night sky was beautiful yes, but not as much as the woman sitting beside her. Hesitantly, she reached her hand out and grazed Jade’s own skin. The girl looked at her and smiled slightly, not moving away from Tori’s touch.

“Yerba is definitely more attractive at night,” Jade sighed.

“It’s beautiful, much like you,” Tori whispered. She saw Jade swallow and bite her lip as she looked away. Tori exhaled and rolled her eyes moving closer to the raven haired beauty, leaning her head on the crook of Jade’s neck. The scent of Jade was overpowering. She smelled gorgeous despite the fact that she was still wearing prison clothes and neither of them had had showers in at least two days. Jade was still the most stunning thing Tori could lay eyes on.

Weariness overtook her as her body ached. Mostly from the emotional trauma she’d been put through. The feel of Jade’s fingertips running through her hair made her close her eyes and snuggle up closer to the girl.

“Sleep. I’ll wake you up when we get home,” Jade whispered into her ear. Tori nodded and before she knew it, she was in the land of unconsciousness, dreaming about the girl who was stroking her hair.