Chapter 1

Carter's P.O.V

"Carter wake up!" my dad says yelling at me. After the tenth time he yells at me I fianlly decide to get up. "Bout time you up it's 7:00, you know it takes forever for you to get dressed." my dad says "Yeah,yeah,yeah." I say annoyed and sleppy. "Carter don't try me!" He yells i respond back with "Ok." I push him out the door,close it,and lock it. As I'm walking in the bathroom I hear a knock on my window.

I open up the curtain to see a terrified Jackie. As I'n lifting up the window Jackie gets pulled down from the window by her dad. I scream and cry because I just know this time he might kill her! She has never ran away from him but, this time he must have said some hurtful things to her. I ran downstairs still in ny pajamas.

"Why the hell aren't you dressed yet?" My mom asks I grabb my dad and my brother a knife and a gun. I'm just so tired of him treating her like she's some punching bag! It just pisses me off! I can tell that my mom is confused and so is My dad and twin. "Dad take this" I say handing him the gun "And you take this" I say as i pass my brother the knife.

None of them know about Jackie's dad. But they will find out today. I run upstairs grab my gun and pepper spray. I run back downstairs and throw my mom the pepper spray. I click my gun off safety and tell them to follow me.

We walk outside and as we hit the corner we see......