"Where is it?"

"Where is what?" I hugged the diary closer to my chest, relieved he didn't read the part I wrote about the encounter with my dad. "I swear to god if this mess isn't cleaned up by the time I get back from school, I will - "

"Jade. Where is it?"

"And why in the world would you take down all my pictures and frames from the wall? You even broke my lamp, what has that lamp ever done to you?"

"Jade!" he grabbed me by the shoulders, fixing his piercing stare on me and I knew there was no way I could escape now. "Where did you hide it?"

I gulped. "Where did I hide what?"

He clenched his jaw and wet his lips, clearly trying to contain his patience. "You know damn well what. Where is it?"

"I don't know," I mumbled, avoiding his demanding gaze.

He shook my shoulders. "Jade, don't fucking start playing dumb. What did you do with the drugs," he forced through gritted teeth.

"What are you gonna do with it?"

"None of your business," he spat. "Now I'm only gonna ask this one last time, where is it?"

"You're looking in the wrong place. I'm not stupid to hide it in my own room."

"Then where the fuck is it!" he growled, nostrils flaring.

I tried to shrug out of his hold but he wouldn't release me. "Ash, if you don't let me go, I'll scream bloody murder and tell everyone you tried to hurt me."

He narrowed his blue eyes at me. "Try me."

I tried to glance around my room, searching for possible escapes and calculating the time it would take me to take the risk. Ashton studied me closely and I think he suspected my next move, before I could even think about making a break for it, he caught me midair.

His arms were tight around my waist, my legs flailing about. "Ash, let me go!"

He threw me on my chair and pinned me down with his hands and glare. "Jade if I were you, I'd start talking."

"For your information, I was planning on giving you your stupid stash back. But now I want you to clean my room first."

"I'm sorry if I gave off the wrong impression, but you're not in the position to make demands here. Either you tell me where you hid the drugs or I'll tell Jordan and Tristan all about the deal you made with our dear, precious mother."

My face fell, betraying myself. "How do you even know it's her, you don't have any proof."

"I don't need any proof, I just know," he smirked. "Now which one is it, option one or two?"

I chewed my bottom lip, contemplating my next move. "Promise me you won't chew her out about this. It isn't her fault, I'm the one that asked her."

"Whatever," he brushed off with a sigh. "Where is it?"

"Promise me first."

"Jade." He gave me an exasperated look. "She gave her underage daughter 5k worth of drugs, now I know I'm not a saint, but even I know how irresponsible that is. And you want me to just let her get away with that? Do you have any idea how dangerous that was?"

I dropped my head, tucking my chin against my chest. "I just wanted to help," I muttered.

"I know that." He cupped my chin and lifted my gaze. "And I appreciate it, even if it's about the dumbest thing you've ever done, it feels nice to know you'd go great lengths to make it up to me."