Chapter Nine

I awoke the next morning still feeling happy over the night before. I decide to head to the kitchen for breakfast, completely forgetting about dad and I's argument.

As I entered the kitchen he was sat at the table , mug of tea and newspaper in front of him. He glared up at me , a scowl evident on his face. I walked straight past him and to the kettle, preparing a cup of tea. " Have a good night , did you?" Dad questioned. " Yeah , its was really good" I replied, not making eye contact. I feared that as soon as I look at him something would click inside of him and it would lead to another session of kicking off.

"You disgust me" He responded with venom in his voice. "Wh-what did I do?" I asked.

"You know exactly what you did. The first boy that comes your way and you jump straight in to his arms. Me and your mum didn't bring you up to be this weak." He glared at me a little longer before suddenly leaving the kitchen and storming out the house.

As soon as he left , I let out a breath I didn't know i had been holding in. I continued making the tea as a tear rolled down my cheek.

I spent the rest of the day indoors, just thinking. The only way I could possibly fix this is by leaving Maxi alone. I could not see Maxi anymore and just spend the rest of the holiday with Dad. That's what he would want. But deep down I know that wouldn't change anything. Dad would still find a way to feel angry and disappointed. I'm also too selfish to let Maxi go. It's the first time I have felt this way about someone and had them mirror the same emotions back and I'm not prepared to let it go.

A/N This is short but there will be another chapter up later :)