17

Apollo continued to lay on the ground once I had dropped him, his face frozen in a mask of shock. "Cat got your tongue?" I quipped sarcastically, lips twisted in a smirk. My voice seemed to have shaken him, as color returned to his face and his eyes no longer carried that glazed look.

His voice was slow and soft, almost as if talking to himself. "Daughter of Hercules. Now I see."

His shell shocked words sent a surge of pride through me. "May this be the last time I am underestimated." Twisting on my heel I left him, sitting on his bum as he had been.

"Did you forget about me?" Zeus asked from beside me, voice sounding amused.

I felt a tinge of guilt, allowing it to slip into my voice. "Sorry, I was caught up in the moment back there. Is he always so presumptuous?" I feel my blood heat again, ignored by his earlier dismissal.

I can feel the humor radiating off of Zeus, only angering me more. "You may not realize, little one, but you are not quite the intimidating little thing you think you are. While you and I know where you come from, others do not. You do not look as your father does; covered in muscle and hard as rock. You are like a willow, thin and soft. But, you have proven your worth."

We walked down the glistening halls when I felt a slight disturbance in the air again. I assumed it was Apollo, I could feel his unique energy.

His smooth voice broke the air, "I am sorry, little one. I should not have assumed you were weak, or lesser than I. Your looks are deceiving. Rest assured, I will not be fooled again." His choice of words annoyed me, but the very last thing I ever expected was an apology. Not from Apollo, ever. Perhaps I was too quick to judge him. As if he had heard my thoughts, his eyes began to shimmer as his mouth opened, "Though, perhaps I should do it again anyway. You are quite magnificent in your anger, my little one."

Zeus released a deep, gravely laugh from beside me as Apollo disappeared with a wink in my direction.