10

Zeus looked at me and cleared his throat. I can tell from the look on his face that he means business. He speaks up, his tone serious. "Now, you pack your bags like you should. Make sure it's enough for a while. Actually, pack us much as you can. We'll be gone a long time. Searching for a man like your father is a very difficult thing."

It was obvious that he expected me to pack my bags without a word and follow him wherever he went. "I can't do that." I stated flatly. My heart sunk a little at rejecting an opportunity to get to know my father. The man who had sired me. The man whose blood flowed through mine.

He gaped at me, as if such an idea was ridiculous. He, the ever so put together god of all gods, almost seemed as if he was about to stutter. "What do you mean you can't?! You haven't seen your father in hundreds of years. He thinks you are dead! He believes that he killed all of his family. He has been wondering this land for hundreds of years believing that he has no one left. Do you know how cruel it would be to not search for him? No one knows of you."

I felt guilt choke me up, bile filling my throat with my own disgust. Everything he said made perfect sense. What sort of monster was I? I became blinded by my own tears. I could feel Zeus looking at me with a mixture of disgust and pity. He thought me weak. I knew that he did. it was obvious, the way his eyes glinted with anger. He found me, his grand daughter, his own blood, a disgrace. I was a horrible excuse of one with gods blood. My own anger at myself flowed through me. Memories of my father began to flood my mind. He and my mother danced around the room, her happily laughing and humming. Her face shown with happiness. My fathers masculine face shown with happiness as well. His dark, lush curls shone in the sunlight drifting through the open window. At this moment, with my heart swelling at the memories of my past life, I decided that no matter what it took I would find my father.