Chapter 3: I'm late!

Layla's POV

We were now discussing what kind of project to do. I mean i wanted to do powerpoint and he wanted to do presentation.

I was about to tell him to shove it and that we were doing powerpoint when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID. Jake.

"Hello?" He said

"Jake what's up?" I asked not sure what he wants.

"What's up? Where the fuck are you? Do you know your late?" He said. I look at the time: 6:33.

"Damn i'm so sorry i'll be right there!" I said then hung up.

I started to gather my stuff when Jared spoke.

"Are you okay? Is something wrong?" He asked

"I'm late" i said simply.

"For what?" He asked curiosity in his voice.

"For something. Can you just take me somewhere?" I asked when i was done packing up my stuff.

"Sure?" But it sounded more like a question.

"Okay let's go" i said going torwards the front door.

"Bye Layla" said a quiet voice.

I look over and see Auburn with her teddy bear.

"Bye sweetie see you soon" i smile at her then walked out.

"So where we going?" He asked once we were in the car.

"Okay.. Take a left here... Now a right... Another right.. Left.. Right.... Left.. Now just keep going and leave me in the corner." I said

"Okay..?" He said stopping at the corner.

"Thanks" i said getting out and walking torwards the end of the street.

"Are you sure this is the place?" He asked looking around.

"Yes now you can go" i said turning around to face him.

He turned on the ignition, turned around and headed home.

I walked inside once i got there and got a couple of hellos.

"LAYLA!" Jake.

"Yes?" I askes innocently.

"You're late." He states.

"I know but in my defense i was busy with school work." I say raising my hands up in surrender.

"Okay whatever, you have to practice because tonight they say the fighter is 3 times bigger than you" he says handing me my leopard dauffle bag.

"I've faught better" i said with a dismissing wave if my hand.

"Whatever i got to go just make sure you practice" he said walking away.

And so i did. The fight starts at ten and right now its 7. 3 hours of practice will do me good.

Jared's POV

When i got home my mom asked me what happened to Layla, I just said she was late to work.

I was up in my room using my phone when 2 of my friends came over. Cameron and Ashton.

Cameron was 6'2 while Ashton was 6'1. Cameron was the nice guy in our trio while Ashton was the dumbass who's always making all laugh! I don't know why people were afraid off.

"Hey man" Ashton said laying on my bed.

"Hey what are you guys doing here?" I said putting the phone down.