Chapter 5: Yikess

"Sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage. Just literally 20 seconds of embarrassing bravery and I promise you, something great will come out of it"

Today has been one of the most exhausting days of my life. I don't know what's up with me but first I woke up late and then there was no hot water. I don't know about anyone else but to me, hot water's the shyt. I can't take a bath with cold water. 

Nope. Nope. Nope.

So I had to wait for the water to boil up and then I took my shower. I got to school 20 minutes late but hey better late than never. 

When I get there, I rush into class and guess what? I trip over nothing because you know, I'm just that talented. 

I hear all the laughter of everyone around me and to be honest I can't be mad because If it wasn't me, I'd be laughing too. It was funny. Still, I feel all the heat rush to my face and I know my face is the color of my red converse. Now I'm actually matching. Cute.

I stand up and sheepishly look at my teacher. "Sorry I'm late.."

He waves me away and points at my seat "Just take a seat please" That was completely fine with me. 

I rush over to my seat and take a deep breath and start pulling out my books. 

I can hear the teacher talking but I'm not really listening. I mean I am trying to, it's not like I'm being rude but my mind is too jumbled up I can't. Plus I'm kinda bored.

I feel like I'm the only-

"Sorry I'm late sir"

I hear his voice and I don't even look up, I throw my head down on my books so hard I'm pretty sure I have a concussion right now. I know the people around me heard the loud thud of my head hitting the books (wow I'm literally hitting the books) but I don't care, I do not need this right now.

I hear the chair next to me moving. What The Fudge! Was there not someone there .2 seconds ago? Where'd they go? Did he eat them? I wanted to look up but I didn't, I refuse to. I wil-

"Layla" I hear a voice whisper my name and I squeaked

I Seriously just squeaked. Out flipping loud. What's wrong with me? Why am I like thisss?

"Layla I know you can hear me" He sighs and I ever so slowly start to look over at him

"Hello there kind sir.." I need help.

He looks at me and tilts his head "You have issues" 

You're telling me buddy.

"So we have a conversation pending.." He starts off

"Hmm, do we really? I don't recall" I say bringing my head up from the desk and looking at this cute frog poster on the wall with some cheesy quote that made me la-

"Layla what the fuck I'm talking to you"

"Huh? What you say?" I was so confused

"You're really... something," I think he was trynna call me slow

"Are you trynna call me slow?" I narrowed my eyes at him and he sighed loudly

"That is not what I said-" 

"Okay, but is that what you meant?" I tilted my head at him

"Nah, what I meant was that you're always daydreaming, you're always anywhere but where you are"

"You're not even making any sense" I rolled my eyes at him

"I am but like always you're not listening" Now he rolled his eyes at me, who does he think he is what the heck.