Chapter 2: Teddy bears!

The school day when by fast. I mean nothing really happened. Same old teasing from some populars and same old boring classes. I mean i have no friends at school.

I found myself looking around the parking lot for Jared. I have no such luck, i can't see to find him anywhere. It's like he-

"BOO!" A voice says behind me that makes me jump into a fighting position.

But as soon as i see who that is, i get pretty pissed.

"Jared you a-hole!!" I swat him softly. He just starts laughing.

"Oh god! You should have seen your face" he says laughing.

He leads me to a red Nissan.

"So whose house?" He asks once were inside the car.

"Yours" i quickly reply. No way is he finding out where i live.

"Okay i have more toys there anyways." He smirks while starting the car.

"Uh-uh all we are doing is the project. Better yet not even in your room, maybe in the kitchen or in the living r-" but he cuts me off.

"I was just joking geez!" He said chuckling.

When we got to his house i wasn't that all surprised. It was an average house. Looked about 2 floors and outside was a very beautiful garden. It contained many flowers.

When we parked i got out and followed him to the door.

"HEY MOM I'M HOME!" He yelled once we got inside.

"Hey ho- Oh who's this?" She said once she saw me.

"This is Lala-"

"Layla" i corrected him again.

"Whatever, this is Layla and we are working on a project"

"Okay well first come to the kitchen and grab some snacks." His mom offered.

"Sure" he said.

We walked into a nice clean kitchen. On the kitchen counter was a little girl who had auburn hair and green eyes. She was a little pale. But she was beautiful. In her hand she was clutching a purple teddy bear.

"That's my little sister, she's shy" Jared said once he saw i was staring.

"What's her name?" I asked but not looking at him.

"Auburn" he responded.

I went over to her and crouched down to her height.

"Hi Auburn my name is Layla" i said smiling.

She just looked at me while sucking her thumb.

"Hi" she spoke so quite i almost didn't hear.

"Who's that" i pointed to the bear.

"Captain cuddles" she said holding the bear out.

"Well, i have a teddy bear just like that except it's blue and i named it blue" i said grinning at the way her face lit up.

"Really?" She asked

"Yeah, do you want me to bring it one day? I'll send it to you with your brother"

"Yes thank you"

"No problem" i smiled at her and she gave me a quick hug.

I forgot that there were other people in the room until someone cleared their throat which made me turn around. Jared and his mom were looking at us with amused expression.

"Sorry" i said looking down.

"It's okay it's quite a miracle, she usually doesn't talk to anyone she's too shy" his mom said smiling at me. "Do you have any younger siblings?"

My breath hitched in my throat. I felt tears well in my eyes before i quickly recovered.

Jared's POV

"No" she shook her head.

Somethings wrong with her. I could tell she was starting to feel uncomfortable so i decided to help her.

"Let's go start the project" i told her.

She looked at me and the nodded. She then looked over at Auburn and smiled. She's great with kids.

"Here are the snacks" my mom said smiling and handing them over to me.

We then walked into the living room and started into hours of studying..