Blessed

"Leo!!! Give me back my biscuits you stinky skunk! My gosh what have you done?! I swear I'll rip your 'Alfredo' and let Yiyi eat it... Arghhh!" and the young woman already been in the young man's arms.

"Mmpphh..ummph..youphh" Leanne's face was smacked flat on her brothers's stomach. Her hands flailing helplessly to release herself from the grip.

Low chuckle can be heard from the young man with a soft, doe eyes. He looks like a real-live anime. Every time he speaks, it carries an air of serenity, calmness and makes people long to hear his voice more. With a bit feminine angular face and the green eyes. The same color with Leanne. Yes they inherited that from their mother who is of Irish descendant.

While the man looks soft and carries an air of serenity with him, the young lady looks a bit on the wild side. Firm. But still a hints of softness when she smiles. Nonetheless, her full lips that looks as if a bit parted and sharp accusing eyes are not to be messed with.

With one hand locking Leo's head and another grasping for whatever sorry strands of hair she can, she tugged it strongly.

"Arrghhh!!" Leo feels like his scalps gonna bleed. Leanne's laugh can be heard across the living room. Finally she can be free from Leo's lock. A brother who is actually 3 years older than her.

When she releases him, both are stunned a bit looking how messy the other is. Then a booming laugh and howl can be heard even by their pitiful neighbour who got the 'luck' becoming neighbor that have two monkeys as their children.

Their beautiful laugh stopped suddenly when Leo started coughing. At first it started off as cough coming from sore throat. Then it became more worrying as the young man barely at 27 starts bending his body and can't seem to stand straight. His left hand clenching his chest.

Leanne got to his brother's side immediately and brings him to the sofa. When she looks at Leo's pale lips, she immediately rush to the sofa side and expertly taking one of the pills. Looking a bit dazed, she realized there's no plain water in sight. She rushed to the kitchen.

Leo's cough started to sound heavier and slower. His lips has started to become blue.

"Ge-ge, take this" she came back just in time and helped Leo swallowed the tablet. She helps him leaned on the sofa more comfortably and rubs his chest softly. She leaned her head to his shoulder and a small sniff can be heard escaping.

He sighs.

He has done it again. Ruining the perfect moment they have.

"Lee-lee, I'm sorry. Forgive me, meimei" he pats Leanne's head in an attempt to coax her. When he swallowed, it felt like swallowing wet papers. Too dry yet too late to spit it out.

Leanne just nods her head. Now she is fully embracing her brother.

"Gege don't make me scared like that. I'm sorry I was too harsh."

Then she looked at him with beady eyes. He lets out a soft chuckle before wiping his precious meimei's tears.

"Hey you really hurts my ego saying that you know?" While pinching her cheeks.

The young lady who is still that cute little sister he always known, crack a smile. The prettiest smile he has ever seen.

Well, including that stranger girl this morning.

He hugs her tighter and kissed her head. Relaying everything he feels for not able to be the reliable brother she deserves. He is born with this illness. No matter how hard their parents have tried searching cure high and low, this is the best result that they are forced to be contempted with.

Even he feels its a miracle he got to live this long. Whenever he felt tired to keep moving forward, or devastated when he felt the pain, this sister of his is always there. She would coax, pleads or even throw tantrums when she sensed that give-up look on his face. If he talked about it, she would be blanked and cried non-stop until he coax her and promise to be better.

For this little family God has granted him, the happiness he feels to be born and raised in this loving family is indeed a bless.

His illness is nothing but that hints of sourness to remind them to stop complaining and count every blessings instead.