Chapter Two

Depuis le début

Louis stood alone in the hall, staring at the door his teacher had just walked through, a smile still sitting on his lips. After a minute of bathing in his victory, Louis turned and made his way down the empty hall, glad that everyone else was still in their classes.

Taking a sharp left, Louis was soon walking into the boy's bathroom. It was empty; thankfully. Louis strolled up to one of the three sinks hanging from the wall and opened the tap, observing himself in the large mirror before him. Strands of his long, light brown hair fell in front of his face, resting just above his lips. His grey eyes sparkled slightly in the bathroom's light as he looked down at his clothes. They were nothing fancy, as Jonathan had inadvertently pointed out; tight-ish black jeans that complimented his figure, a plain white t-shirt with a blue hooded jumper over the top. Finishing off his "poor-person" outfit was his pair of black and white canvas shoes.

Louis looked back at his face in the mirror, gently moving his finger to his eye to readjust his contact lens before splashing some water on his face just as the bathroom door opened.

"And then I'm gonna drop it like it's hot!" A voice floated to Louis' ears as he shut the water off and turned towards the voice. "Oh, hey, Louis."

Louis' eyes scanned the boy who had just walked in. His spiked blonde hair stood perfectly, and his piercing blue eyes seemed to take in everything at once. To Louis, he gave off a very childlike vibe. He had one earbud in and was bobbing his head to, what Louis assumed was, a song about dropping something like it's hot.

"Samuel," Louis responded with a smile, still taking in the sight of his best friend.

Although their relationship was nothing but platonic, Louis couldn't deny that Sam was attractive. Especially in the tight jeans and long-sleeve shirt he was currently wearing.

"What ya' doin' in the bathroom?" Sam questioned, making his way into one of the toilet cubicles.

"Did you not notice the streamers?" Louis retorted, moving his attention back to the mirror, squinting. He hated wearing contact lenses. "Obviously, there's a party happening in here."

"Of course! How could I have missed them!" Sam exclaimed, flushing the toilet, and walking to the sink next to Louis.

"Wash your hands."

"Yes, Mum," Sam said jokingly but did as Louis told him. "So, why are you in the bathroom?"

"Sam, quick question."

"Yeah?"

"What do people usually go to the bathroom at school to do?"

"Have sex? Do drugs? Dunk someone's head in the toilet?" Sam shut the water off and turned to smile at Louis.

"What about someone like me?" Louis glared at Sam, though he couldn't help smiling.

"Do you mean a nerd?" Sam teased. "I don't know... homework? Dunking their own head in the toilet?"

"Ha-ha, hilarious, Samuel. You should do standup comedy. Although, you'd have to be that thing..."

"Be what thing?"

"You know, that thing. What is it?" Louis stroked his chin, pretending to think. "Oh, yeah. Likeable. And funny."

"First off, mean. Secondly, stop avoiding my question."

Louis let out a sigh, not sure what Sam's obsession with him being in the bathroom was, but he could feel him continually staring, so he decided to turn and face his best friend.

"Just washing my face, aye. Nothing spectacular."

"Aren't you supposed to be in... theatre?"

Sam threw his head back on the last word and placed the back of his hand against his forehead. Though, through the display of dramatics, Louis saw the reason why Sam kept pressing for an answer. He was concerned.