Meeting the Matriarch

Seventeen: Meeting the Matriarch

Red opens her eyes slowly to adjust to the light in the room. It's brighter than she expects it to be. Her eyes sweep over her surroundings.

I could get used to waking up to something so beautiful everyday, she decides.

The room is larger than her entire apartment, with dark wood panels on the walls, plush carpeting and the largest four-poster bed she has ever seen. It's opulent, classic, a little more traditional than what she thought she'd see. What did she expect anyway? The man beside her has surprised her to no end.

He's sprawled on his stomach, with both arms up, and hands tucked underneath the pillows. She reaches over to trace a line from freckle to freckle on the back of his shoulder. He doesn't stir. She kisses the tip of his shoulder before crawling out of the bed.

Red pads her way to the ensuite bathroom, waiting for the cold tiles to sting her bare feet, but they don't. They're warming up the soles of her feet instead. She spots the pile of wet clothes near the glass-walled shower, pi

Who knew sexy in the shower would be her favourite new thing?

Facing herself in the mirror is a shock into itself. Her lips look and feel thicker. Her hair is a big pile of mess on her head from all the friction. There are no dark circles under her eyes even though there should be from the late hours in the night. Her cheeks are flushed. If possible, she looks healthier and happier than ever.

"I am." She tells her reflection. "I am happy." And in love, her conscience tells her but she shakes the thought away.

After washing her face, brushing her teeth, and taming her hair, she returns to bed. He hasn't moved an inch. She feels the mattress dip under her. He grumbles a moan.

"Why are you so cheery this early in the morning?" He asks, the pillow muffling his voice.

Red smiles widely. "It's not that early, but you can stay in bed and I'll get ready to leave soon."

She gets yanked by a massive arm and pressed against a broad chest.

"You're not going anywhere. You're mine. I'm going to tie you up in this bed and never let you leave." His soft kisses flutter on the column of her neck and around her ear.

"You know I have to be somewhere." Her words are followed by a gasp as he presses his erection against her hip. As far as she can tell, he's always ready for action. "You better put that away or I'll miss my train."

"I'll put it somewhere." His mouth stretches into a toothy grin. "Spread you legs for me."

"Stop it. I can't." She playfully slaps his shoulder, but he catches her hand, turns it over and nibbles on the thin skin of her wrist.

"Yes, you can. Don't make me beg, Red." His knee pushes against between her legs, opening her up for him.

When he positions himself, she suppresses a moan by biting on the tip of his shoulder. As he undulates his hips, she cannot help but gasp his name, "Wolfe."

By the time they leave his apartment, the sun has risen fully and heat threatens to burn their skin. Wolfe hands Red a black custom helmet, much like his, but with her studio's logo on it. The same logo is embroidered on a brand new leather jacket she puts on for the ride. It's sweet how he thinks of everything, even stuff she doesn't even begin to consider.

It isn't a surprise that Wolfe can deftly handle the beast they're riding on to get to Nana's. Red assumes he's good at everything. When he arrived the previous night at the back entrance of the studio with the motorcycle between his legs, she didn't think anyone could be sexier. He's been perfect in every way.