Epilogue:

Epilogue:

After hearing that voice in his head, Kylo came to one conclusion; Zroyais and Hux were getting ready to make their move. Rey had felt the change in his mood and after a while she called for a break. The eight of them trudged back to Kylo's shuttle and the Starfall. Kylo barked out for them to eat and rest but assured them all that they would be sleeping in the temple that night.

Rey went to shower in the fresher while Kylo rummaged around the galley for something warm to eat. He managed to find beef stew and a bunch of energy bars. He regretted not stocking up on real food before leaving Olara. He rarely needed real food whenever he took the shuttle out because he was never gone long enough to need the provisions but now he wished he had real food to share with Rey on what could be their last night together.

When she was out of the shower it was clear that the last thing on his Rey's mind was food or anything other than him. Kylo wondered if she could feel just how worried he was even though he'd closed the bond almost completely. He wasn't complaining because making love to her was the high light of his life, he was just curious as to her motivation. Once they were done, clean and dressed again Kylo reheated the stew. He poured it into one large bowl and pulled Rey onto his lap to eat.

"He's coming, isn't he," she asked in a small voice as he took a bite of one of the energy bars. "Yes, he is. I don't know if we are ready," Kylo said. "We have to be," Rey said. "Be that as it may, do you really think they are ready to take on Snoke's Praetorian Guard? 'Cause that is the severity of what we are facing. Only I have a feeling that we would be lucky to only face eight of them," he said.

Rey shifted in his lap so that she could look at him. With her thumbs she smoothed over the lines in his handsome face and ran her fingers through his hair. On a normal day that would have been enough for him to take her again but right then it was just comfort.

"Do you really think they will be that well trained and hard to kill," Rey asked, leaning her head against his shoulder. "If we are so lucky. I hope we trained them well enough to at least survive. I want to tell them to flee, to run home to the Resistance and continue their training without us but I am afraid that they will just be captured or blown up by a First Order ship," Kylo said wrapping his arms around her and holding her tightly.

He opened the bond and his panicked thoughts ran straight into her optimistic ones. He could feel hope seeping from her pores and down the line of the bond. She made him believe that they could do it. That they could fight off Zroyais on Ilum and live to tell the tale. He wasn't so sure.

Kylo was about to say something when they heard footsteps coming toward them. Casting out his senses told him that it was Gear coming to talk to them. Neither of them moved as Gear walked inside.

"Sorry to interrupt," Gear said. "You aren't. We knew you were coming," Kylo said, taking another bite of his energy bar. "What's up, Gear," Rey asked, easing some of the tension from the younger man's shoulders. "I know Zroyais is coming for us. I can feel the darkness looming over us," he said.

Rey and Kylo exchanged a glance. They knew at least three members of the Knights of Rey were gifted with precognition but for it to be so strong was still a surprise. Eshreal had warned them that Gear's was the most active out of all of them.

"Did you see something or can you feel the darkness drawing nearer," Kylo asked genuinely curious. "I mostly feel the darkness but as I was walking over here, I caught flashes of a bloody battle. We will escape but not before we experience great pain," Gear said with a grimace.

They exchanged another look.

"I doubt that's what you came here to tell us," Kylo said. "No it's not. I think we will have a better chance if we rest for the remainder of the night in the warmth and safety of our ships. Continuing to train at the level you had us at would only weaken us and give Zroyais exactly what he wants. I think we should all eat a hearty meal and get some real rest in our own beds. For some of us this will be the first sleep they've had since we left Olara. Asera agrees," Gear said.