Epilogue: January 2018 - Regina & Emma

"Emma, sweetie, you need to relax. You look beautiful," David sighed as his daughter continued to fuss with the veil that fell from the white gold crown perched on top of her head. Its diamond detailing complimented the beading of her white gown and she took one more glance in the mirror.

Her curls were neater than usual, flowing through a waterfall braid framing her head. She smiled when she looked at the braid, remembering the night Regina spent teaching her how to do it. The curls flowed loosely down over her shoulders and she brought her hands to her blushed cheeks when she couldn't contain her smile.

"Your mother and I have a gift for you. I was going to wait until after the ceremony, but I think it would be beautiful with your dress," David declared as he fumbled through the inner pocket of his tuxedo, pulling out a slender velvet box.

"Dad, don't make me cry before the ceremony," Emma laughed, her eyes pooling with tears desperate to fall. But David just smiled and popped open the box, pushing it forward so Emma could get a better glance.

"Oh my god, is that?" Emma began and David nodded.

"It's your bangle. We had a replica made. This one won't prevent you from using magic. But you've grown so used to wearing it every day, and I know how much you love it."

"Put it on me, please," Emma asked eagerly, holding her wrist out to her father.

David fastened the bangle's clasp and Emma smiled as she rotated her wrist back and forth, admiring the diamonds lining the woven vines and intricate detail.

Emma pulled her father in for a tight hug then looked up at him, "You ready to walk me down the aisle?"

——————————

"Thanks for helping me get dressed, Snow. It's nice to feel like I have a family once again," Regina said as Snow helped fasten the clasp of her strappy heel.

"You don't have to feel like you have a family. You have one, now and forever," Snow smiled and it radiated off of her and onto Regina, who couldn't help but flash a grin in return.

She peered into her reflection once more. Months had passed since her magic was gone, and every time she looked into a mirror, she expected to feel a sense of disappointment. Or to feel like something was missing. But that feeling never came.

All she saw was her own reflection and her own happiness and the love she possessed for not only Emma, but for her kingdom, for her family, for the lifetime of memories she had waiting for her.

"You're the most beautiful bride I've ever seen," Snow admitted.

"That's because you haven't seen your daughter yet."

Snow's cheeks flushed a warm rose color at Regina's comment. "Oh, I almost forgot. I got you a gift!" She began to rummage through her small purse.

Snow opened the velvet box, revealing a white gold and diamond necklace that had similar detailing to Emma's bangle.

Regina's eyes softened and she placed a hand over her heart. "Just like Emma's," was all she managed to say and Snow nodded.

"It's perfect! Could you put it on?"

"Yes, of course."

Regina turned to look at herself once again as Snow's hands slid delicately around her neck, careful not to mess up the intricate updo where her crown was perched atop. She fastened the clasp of the necklace and smiled at Regina's reflection in the mirror. "Beautiful!" Snow exclaimed.

"It really is, isn't it?"

"Are you ready?"

Regina nodded, her eyes lighting up and her grin wide.