Lollipops - Chapter 37

Start from the beginning

"Sirius!" Naomi giggled, slightly incredulous but more amused than anything. She immediately began to chase him, weaving her way in between the other students.

When she made it to the pastry shop, she was confused to find that Sirius was nowhere in sight. She was about to turn around when she felt a hand placed on her shoulder.

"Boo!" Sirius shrieked in her face.

She jumped and let out a small squeak, to which he pointed out.

"You sound like a mouse," Sirius snorted. Meanwhile, he shoved an apple pie pastry in his mouth.

"How did you make it to the pastry shop so quickly?" She raised her eyebrows.

He sheepishly grinned at her. "I accioed the entire tray into my arms and ran off before I was caught."

Just then, Sirius moved his other hand from behind his back to reveal a massive tray filled with dozens of the tasty pastries.

"Merlin's beard," She laughed when she heard the story. "Though, I can't say I mind. One for me, please,"

Sirius smirked. "Aren't you the one who told me not to have any more. I think not, hypocrite."

Naomi whacked his head and took away two pastries anyway.

———–—–

"So after you took the pastries from him, what happened?" Lily eagerly questioned Naomi.

At the moment, Naomi was gathered with Dorcas, Alice, and Lily, in the Gryffindor sixth year girls' dormitory, reminiscing her date with Sirius to them.

"Well, it was nearly evening at the point, so we held hands and walked back to the castle, where we kissed and he told me that I'd see him tonight, on the Astronomy Tower." Naomi answered Lily's question.

"Aww!" The three girls sighed in sync. Naomi smiled and blushed, reminiscing the exact moment.

"Look at her, getting all flustered," Lily laughed, nudging Naomi.

"Close your mouth, Lils. You do the exact same thing with James." Dorcas smirked.

"I—What!" Lily looked incredibly appalled, her cheeks flaming up as red as her hair. "I do no such a thing, Dorcas, I'm shocked!"

Alice giggled at Lily's flustered state. "She's not lying, Lily. We all see the way you look at him during breakfast, when he comes in with his hair all tousled and messy,"

Now that Naomi thought about it, she realized that what Alice and Dorcas had been saying was true; Lily did seem to be casting James heart eyes during breakfast and lunch in the Great Hall—when she wasn't calling him an arrogant toe-rag, that was. She thought that Lily and James would be a great fit together, and after James had spent the last five years pining after her, it would be perfect for them to finally start dating, despite Lily despising him for the longest time.

"I can not believe you guys, I don't look at James like that. You must be mistaking my disgust for something else," Lily stubbornly replied.

Naomi smiled at Lily as though she were a child who she wasn't going to waste her time convincing. "Okay, Lily, whatever you say."

"Oh, don't you look at me like that, Nomi," Lily said.

"I told you to stop calling me that," Naomi's smile was wiped off of her face as she groaned while Dorcas and Alice laughed at her.

The girls continued to talk about anything and everything, when she realized that curfew was approaching, and she hadn't gone to her check up in the Hospital Wing with Madam Pomfrey for her cancer.