Lollipops - Chapter 37

"Did you bring your sweater?" Sirius double-checked with Naomi, anxiously staring at the long line in front of them.

"I'm wearing it right now, Sirius. Now would you stop being so anxious?" Naomi glanced at him.

He stopped staring at the long line and stared at her with a frown. "What? I'm not anxious,"

She pointedly looked at his feet that were bouncing up and down. "Really?" She gestured to his feet and he sheepishly stopped. "Sirius, there is no reason to be nervous. This date will be perfect."

Sirius nodded in agreement. "I know. I just want to get started on this date before I turn 60 and we're finally at the front of the line!"

He said the last part extra loudly, and Filch glared at him from the front of the line.

She laughed at his joke. Meanwhile, her insides tingled at the thought of her and Sirius going on their first date. The idea was proposed to her by Sirius yesterday night, on the Astronomy Tower. He asked if she would like to go with him to their Hogsmeade trip, and of course, she had agreed, which lead them to the long line that they were standing behind. Mr. Filch was currently marking down everyone who was permitted to go to Hogsmeade, but he was taking rather long to do so.

A long five minutes later, Sirius and Naomi finally made it to the front of their line, where they were checked off of the list and directed towards their carriage. With their luck, they were directed towards a carriage filled with a group of Slytherins their age, Regulus and Severus among them.

"Well, would you look what the cat dragged in. A blood-traitor and a muggleborn." Mulciber, one of the Slytherins, sneered daringly in their direction.

Naomi refrained from correcting Mulciber, but Sirius snarled at him and was about to say something. Had it not been for Naomi soothingly placing a hand on his shoulder, the situation would've escalated very badly.

"They're not even worth it, don't address them," she muttered.

Sirius clenched his jaw, making Naomi melt inside. However, he used his restraint to keep himself from giving the Slytherins a snarky retort. Naomi sighed in relief and sat down beside Sirius. The last thing they needed was a rough encounter with the Slytherins to ruin the mood for their date.

When she sat down, she noticed Regulus staring at her, so she cast him a subtle wave. Severus was the only one who picked up on the encounter, and he narrowed his eyes suspiciously. Naomi quickly put her hand down before he could say anything, and she was relieved when the short carriage ride was finally over.

When she got out and felt the fresh air, she immediately felt all the tension from before dissolve. She turned to Sirius with a wide smile, and was pleased to find that he bore a grin just as wide and excited as her's. She could tell he was just as excited for this date when he said; "Let's get started on this date, shall we?"

He offered his hand to her's, and with a smile so big that it hurt her cheeks, she clutched her hand in his as they both walked off with rosy cheeks and giddy smiles.

————–

"Sirius, we went there twice already!" Naomi laughed as she attempted to drag Sirius away from the pastry shop a little ways away from The Hog's Head.

"Naomi, they're handing out free apple pie pastries?" Sirius stubbornly said, giving Naomi pleading eyes.

"Save those eyes for someone else, Sirius," she rolled her eyes playfully. "We already went to the pastry shop two times, and each time you took three apple pie pastries!"

"Two more won't hurt anyone." Sirius sneakily wrenched out of Naomi's grasp and began to run in the direction of the pastry shop. "You won't stop me!"