Don't Let The Herpes Smack You on the Way Out

Lmao learod16
thank you for the title!!!

Late November 2013

Avery's POV

I braced one hand on my back as I followed Ashley through the department store. I had let her talk me into helping her work on Christmas shopping. I had plans to do the bulk of mine in Nashville this weekend. I was supposed to leave tomorrow heading up there to meet Brantley because there was a crib I saw in a store online up there I wanted to look at. He had left last week sending a text that he had to go early for this newest video shoot. I had talked to him the last few days when I wasn't working.
If I didn't know better seemed something was off.

Spotting Ash looking at the cologne I hurried over. I felt a little ashamed, but I had to know what the scent was that had been getting to me. I was a widow, pregnant, and horny so sue me. We were allowed our little vices. I leaned over as much as my almost seven-month pregnant belly would let me looking through bottles taking a sniff. One almost made me hurl, several made me sneeze, one was fairly close but no cigar.

"Umm..Aves," Ashley asked tapping me on my shoulder. I could see her lips twitching trying to keep a laugh in. "What are you doing?"

"I told you about that cologne, right?" I whispered glancing around making sure no one was listening to us as I turned bright red. "Well I wanted to try and find it ya know...ummm..incase the mood strikes."

"Lord if you weren't pregnant," Ashley giggled pushing my shoulder. "I would tell you that you seriously need a man."

"Wouldn't matter Ash," I sighed grabbing another bottle taking a sniff. "It's too soon. Dec hasn't even been gone a year. Now with me having little man, I rather just be a single mom."

"Do you really want me to comment on this?" Ashley challenged putting her hands on her hips her blonde curls swinging. "He was lucky I didn't cut his balls off when he was alive. Aves, that right there wouldn't inspire much loyalty now that he's gone."

"Can we please not?" I begged hanging my head. I bit my lip looking up at her. "I told B a couple of weeks ago."

"Good," she said snapping her fingers. "It was time one of the boys knew. Aves, I loved Declan like he was my brother, but I wanted to cut his balls off for hurting you. I'm the only one you would let see things weren't as picture perfect as they seemed. I told you the day you got married I feared you both were doing it because it seemed like the thing to do after all these years. Yes, y'all loved each other no doubt. But it was comfortable and safe. So, hell to the no am I letting you be a single mom the rest of your life. As soon as you are ready I am setting you up and if you tell me no I will put you on every dating website there is!"

"Ashley Cooper!" I snapped glaring at her as she smirked. "You better not and butt out of my sex life or lack thereof."

"Hm.... Wondering if you could have one," Ashley muttered. I whirled around glaring at her.

"What?" I snapped wondering just what in the hell she was talking about. I was getting huge, my feet and hands were swelling, what man would even want to lay a finger on me right now. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Nothing!" Ashley yelped turning her attention back to the bottles in front of us. She smirked picked one up and handed it to me. "Here try this."

I pulled the top of taking a whiff. I couldn't help the moan that slipped out as my eyes rolled back in my head a little. God yes this was it. I wished I could figure out where I had smelled it before. I had randomly sniffed some of the doctors at the hospital thinking that was it.