IX

Lance hadn't realized how much he pretty much moved in with everyone until now. Here he was, occasionally showing Pidge memes on his phone, as Keith typed angrily at his laptop, and Hunk sat at a barstool, texting someone. It was like a second home to him here, though this one was definitely more homey.

The door to The House™ , which is what Lance insisted on calling it now, clicked open. Adam and Shiro walked inside, Shiro holding a gray plastic bag with a white logo.  "We're home early so here's some food," he said. The room suddenly started smelling like warm pizza.

"Adam!" Both Pidge and Lance stood up and yelled, imitating the Vine. They looked at each other and high fived.

"Are you going to do that every single time I walk in here?" Adam asked, though it was more of a genuine question than an accusation. Pidge nodded, and Lance gave a thumbs-up.

"He doesn't mind. I did that for like a month when we first started dating. And I don't even like Vine," Shiro admits. He set the bag of pizzas down on the island in the kitchen, against the white marble countertops.

Lance threw his phone down, "Great, I'm starving," he stated. He got off the couch and stole a slice of pizza. Everyone else followed him, picking up slices of pizza. The pizza burned Lance's mouth, badly, but he kept eating, like it was the first piece of junk food he had in years.

Shiro put a slice of pizza over Keith's laptop's keyboard.

Keith set it aside. "Not now, Shiro," he complained.

"You've got to eat sometime," He stated.

"Yeah, let me just try and finish this up," Keith complained, typing and backspacing. Keith groaned at what he was writing, and slapped the keyboard, "Damn it."

"Dude, you've been typing angrily at your laptop pretty much all day." Lance asked, looking at Keith's screen, full of writing.

"Work stuff." He stated. "Calendar is spelled c-a-l-a-n-d-e-r, right?" Keith asked, looking up from laptop. 

"Nope, it's c-a-l-e-n-d-e-r." Lance responded, counting each letter off on his finger. He made sure to put emphasis on the second E so Keith knew he was right.

Keith narrowed his eyes. "You sure? This is an email to my boss so I can't fuck up on it." He stated.

"You doubt me?" Lance questioned. He put a hand to his chest, pretending to be offended.

Keith frowned. "It looks like too many E's." He pointed out.

"Doesn't your laptop have autocorrect?" Hunk asked, butting into the conversation with a valid point.

Keith shrugged. "I took it off, it didn't help."

"Nope, it has plenty of E's." Lance responded back, "It's spelled correctly just how it is."

Shiro watched from the side, then muttered something to Adam. Adam huffed in amusement, and responded, "Nah, we were probably worse."

Keith shrugged. "I'm pretty sure it has an A." He spun his barstool around to face Lance.

"You've got to be kidding me, Kogane, you seriously think it's spelled c-a-l-a-n-d-e-r? It's spelled c-a-l-e-n-d-e-r," Lance complained, stepping closer to Keith to assert his dominance. Keith was usually a lot shorter than him, but on the barstool, they were not quite eye level, but close.

"What do you say, Pidge?" Keith asked, turning his face away from Lance's, towards the short guy doodling away.

Pidge looked up from his drawing tablet. "Neither of you. It's spelled with A, then E, than A," he taught.