it's so unfair part 1 (afterdeath/ angst)

Start from the beginning

he'd probably figure it out later when he had nothing better to do.

"Mhm- yea I did” reaper sounded so proud and sure of his words. It was a huge change in his normal demeanor. He could almost see the smile spread across his face now just from hearing how thrilled he sounded.

And he wanted to be happy for him but...

“That's- great news!” He forced himself to smile despite the burning feeling in his chest that practically begged him not to. He forced the sadness in his voice to go away and not make itself evident like it had wanted to. He didn't need reaper to feel bad for him; he already did enough. He would just have to suck it up and deal with the pain. It should be easy, he was used to doing that after all.

//It hurts how you smile for her

How you constantly talk about her

And here I am

The thought of you invading my mind

When you're not mine but instead hers//

The weight was lifted off his shoulder and soon after reaper was floating right in front of him. Geno never saw the god smile so brightly nor look so happy in his life. He wouldn't ruin that for him, no he just couldn't. Even as he inevitably felt the awful bit of jealousy bite at his soul.

“I thought maybe you could help me plan our first date… I gotta admit I'm no good with that kind of stuff and I really have no idea what to do. But I want things to be perfect for her, you know?”

Why did reaper have to do this to him? Did he know he just couldn't say no? Even when it tormented him so much to

“Sure, what do you have in mind?”

.

.

.

.

.

It had been quite a few months… maybe weeks, geno dared not to bother trying to keep track of time. It would be too hard and a sheer waste of time here. Regardless he knew it had been considerably longer than how long reaper would normally take before he came to visit again. Likely having the time of his life with the very goddess herself. Then there was him, laying around in the save screen with nothing better to do but waddle in his bitter loneliness. He had already run out of distracting things to do and there was no way he could bring himself to check up on papyrus at this time. He could only just stare up at the never-ending darkness in this unforgiving place.

“You ok geno?” he mumbled to himself, poorly mimicking the death God's voice.

He didn't care anymore how insane he probably had to be to talk out loud to himself like this. He couldn't care less either if said god walked in on him either. What the hell was he supposed to do here anyways?

//That part of me that grew to love you

It breaks more everyday

It's a feeling I can't ignore

And feeling I'll never grow accustomed to

A feeling I wish would rot away and turn to dust

Something I wish would die out like the consideration of us//

“Of course reaper, Im perfectly fine! I just absolutely enjoy laying around with nothing to do but wonder how long it would take for me to BLEED OUT TO DEATH!” He hissed out the last part and groaned to himself loudly. The shrill sound of pent-up frustration echoed through the desolate area for a moment before heavy silence settled in again.