Chapter One

Please read/comment/VOTE/fan:) Thanks all you you who take time to do any of those<3!! Kisses!!

Chapter One

I've almost always been at the top (or near) the top of the social hain. The social pyramid, or whatever you want to call the ranking of people. So why should I let a new school change any of this? I'm still the same person, with the same, perfect, annoying, bitch of a sister. Maddie.

"Come on guys!" Mom pulled me into the photo next to Maddie's boyfriend, Peter. I smiled as the camera flashed. I turned around and looked at the sign we'd been standing in front of. "Welcome to Candy Town California!" it said. I sighlently cursed the idiot who'd named the place. The only thing that seemed promising about the place was the beach and the huge beach house we'd managed to score. I climbed back into my car, Pater and Maddie getting into his. I followed them back onto the road and sighed longingly at the sight of the back of Peter's head.

Maddie's job was to make my life miserable. She knew that Peter and I were friends, and she was guessing that i liked him. Well, she was only partly wrong there. I didn't like him. I loved him. Ever since the day we'd met in class on the first day of school, I was sure that we'd get togeather. But it just so turns out that he'd asked out my sister a day before when the cheerleaders had practice while he was helping out the trainers. She had 'twisted' her ankle during a flip landing, and was taken over to see him. They talked while he looked at it, and aparently he aked her out, because when I'd talked to him about my sister, he mentioned they were dating. That's when my sister started hating me. The knew e talked, knew we hug out, and yet she coud just love me anyway. When she sees me with him she gets pissed. I've woken up with syrup in my hair, whipcreamed face, and sat on katchup packs in school, all of these Maddie's doings.

I blared my speakers and drove past the couple, following behind mom and dad. My sister had moved her gladly. She's for anything that I'm not. My phone started ringing and i turned down the music and answered it.

"Hello?" there were muffled noises in the background. My sister had butt dialed me. Idiot. I attatched the phone to the hands free in my car and listened to their convorsation.

"What's been goingon with you and Mel?" Peter used my nickname. My full name was Melony.

"What do you mean?" Maddie asked him, bacically not caring.

"You've been, like, totally against her. Whatever she wants, you want the exact opposite. You even got mad at her when she was talking to me." Perer said. "So?"

"So, what? Shes my sister. We don't get along perfectly. No one does."

"I get along with her just fine." I glanced in my rear view mirror at him. He winked at me. I smiled. He must've called me on her phone so i could listen in. Smart hottie. Usually you don't find the two in one. But Peter was smatr. Drity blonde, straight A, perfect shape, good sensce of humor, and easy to get along with. I knew we were meant to be togeather, but the qusetion was when we'd find out how the other felt.

"I know. And that's a problem." she snapped.

"What's wrong with it?" He saked. "I like her-"

"I know. that's the thing. She has a huge crush in you, and you're giving her the wrong idea when you flirt with her."

"I do not-"

"Yes, you do." she said. And there wasnt really a point in denying it. He did flirt, and I guess he was misleading me. I reached out for the phone.

"Mel-" it seemed as though he was talking to me, but I hung up and pressed on the gass to catch up with mom and dad.

"How was your drive?" Peter asked me.

"Boring." I said. "stupid and Pointless." I punched him in the arm and turnned towards the house, my knuckles aching slightly. It was huge and white, and i took off my heels, feeling the sand under my toes. I went to the double doors at the front of the house and went inside, climbing the stairs to the top. I threw my purse into the room with the balcony facing the sea and spread out on the plain mattress there. There was a closet, a desk, mirror, and a dresser. it was a perfectly sized room and i could only have been happier if I was the one sharing with Peter.

"Let's get the room with the balcony!" Maddie said. I smiled. she opened the door and spotted me lying on MY bed.

"Sorry, this ones taken." I smiled. Peter smiled.

"Lets get the other one. It's okay." he took her hand a pulled her out of my new room. I ddropped my shoes onto my bed and took my boxes of things from the movers. I started unpacking, loving the rusty orange color of my walls. My red comforter matched perfectly, and i adored the white carpet. It seemed to give the room a glow.

"There was go." I hung up a picture on the wall of me and Peter hugging and laughing in the snow. There were two other ones of us that i hung in a cluster as well. When I'd finished with everything, my room was perfect. Not on to the balcony. I opened the double glass doors behind the curtians and had me breath taken away at the view. the waves crashed on the shore and there were some shells there too. I sighed, smiling t my prize, when the sight was horribly ruined by Maddie appearing, pulling Peter by the hand, then kissing him. She must've known i was wathing. It seemed that Peter did too, because he pulled away quickly and bent to pick up a shell. I closed the door and closed the white crutains. I Looked around my room and walked to my desk to turn on my laptop.

'Hey Jaci, i miss u so much! Candy town is compketely sour. i got the room but not the guy. Hows it back there in nevada? miss u! ~MEL' i sne the email, my heart throbbing, missing my best friend.

"DINNER!" dad yelled. I sighed and closed the laptop, pulling on my bikini. i put on a big tshirt ober top and went down to dinner.

"Good thinking Mel. Were going swimming after supper if you want to come?" Peter invited me.

"Srue!" i said, seeing maddie elbow him.

"Cool." He smiled. I dug in to pizza, thanking everything that it wasnt anothe soppy Subway sandwitch. Hey, everything gets bad after too much, right?

We all went outsied and i took out my surf board and floated abit further out than the others. My little brother, Drew was playing around in the sand. He's eleven, but a total kid. maddie was on Peter's back as they walked around in the water. he left her down and she kissed him hust for me to see.

"Bitch." I muttered.

We all headed inside when we couldnt see what we were doing, and I made a bee line for my giant athroom that I'd stolen as well. I unpacked everything that went in my bathroom and took a quick, warm shower, following that with an episode of Ghost Whisperer, then into my king size bed. I opened the curtians and the doors of my room onto the balcony first, though. I'd like to wake up to something pleasent in the morning.