“No, this thing." he said getting a little angry. Which is the only emotion he seemed to ever feel. "Don't get emotionally attached to it. It's a thing. A tool. And it's also your responsibility take good care of it and teach it to survive.” the director said as he started to walk out stopping at the doorway. “Oh and try not to get killed.”

It had been a year since he's been in charge of that baby. He had no clue how to be in charge of a kid at the age of 22 he was basically a kid himself. They didn't give the baby a name since they didn't want him to get attached to it. But he couldn't go around calling an infant 'it' so he gave her a nickname. “Fox”. A fox was the first thing she transformed into. The director didn't like it at first but he decided it's better to name all thirteen than letting them be 'It 1' and 'It 2'.

He looked down at the little girl standing next to him. Her legs barely able to carry her weight. Her small hand locked on his pinky, the only thing it was big enough to hold. They were outside watching the sunset this was what they did everyday before he had to return her to her room. Room? More like a prison he thought. Thinking of that small room with no windows and power locks. Well at least everyday they could without the lab calling to check her condition and how her power was growing.

“Come on Fox. It's time.” he said to the child. She couldn't really talk but she could understand things. He knew she understood this by the frown that appeared on her face. He moved slowly, conscious that everyone of his steps was 3 of hers. They reached her room. He stopped at her door letting her get settled and ready for bed. When she was in bed he tucked the cover around her body and said goodnight. She reached up and placed her hand on his face which he grabbed hold of in turn before heading out. He had become used to this life as a caretaker for the kid. He even thought of her as part of his family. He thought of her as a daughter. Thats a dangerous thought. He knew exactly what the director would od if he found out. But did he care? 

Agent 13 was on his way out of base after a long night of training. He was walking past the lab when he heard the director yelling. He looked through the glass window on the top of the door.

“I don't care. You haven't had any breakthrough's in a year. It's time to get some results.” the director said

“But sir if we use that method the child...it will die.” the head doctor expressed.

“So be it. Have you forgotten how many have died for this cause, one more infant's death is all we need. With that we'll have her DNA.” the director started yelling as he lost his patience.”Will you do it or not?”

The head doctor paused before he spoke. “No sir. I will not kill another child.” he said bravely.

“Oh..Then your no longer needed. Your dismissed.” the director said while pulling out his pistol and shooting the doctor.

The head doctors body fell limply to the ground, blood spreading in all direction. Everyone around them stopped working to see what had happened. Agent thirteen didn't know what to think at this point.

The next doctor in charge stepped up. “I'll preform the operation sir.”

“Good. Where's Fox?” the director asked to no one in general.

“Agent thirteen should have brought her back to her room by now.”

“Well go pick it up. Oh and clean up this idiot. He's staining my floor.” he said while pointing to the body on the floor. This sprung Agent thirteen into action. He didn't know what he was going to do but he knew whatever it was needed to be done fast. He raced down the hallway.

The director awaited the arrival of Fox. He wanted to see through to this himself. The new head doctor came back running full speed with a look of panic on his face. “Director! Sir, the experiment wasn't in the room.”