Chapter Two

"Marisol! For the last time...Get up!"

Marisol awoke. The sound that ended her sleep was deafening to her tired ears. All she wanted was to sleep but the demon calling her wouldn't have that.

The demon came to the door knocking hard, Marisol knew she would soon enter through the hell gate but she didn't care she had to protect her precious sleep at all costs. She hid under her soft covers. She could hear footsteps which meant the Hell Gate had worked. Soon she could feel the demons claws on her cover.

"Get up Marisol!" The Demon roared

She screamed back at it. "No you can't make me.” She soon lost the tug of war for the cover and the demons face came into view. It was her mother, the demon of sleep herself, Saundra Falry. Her mother had a sour look on her face. She was wearing her usual morning attire of a gown. The Hell Gate, Key to Marisol's door, locked tightly in her hand.

"Must we do this every day?" her mother asked as she walked over to the window.

Marisol was still laying down starring at her mother she had her cover pulled up to her nose. "As soon as you stop waking me up, we can call it quits." she retorted.

"You already missed school yesterday." Her mother just sighed and walked out the room leaving the light on. She knew her job was finished Marisol had to get up now since she couldn't turn out the light otherwise.

Marisol slid out of bed, stood up and stretched. She walked to her personal bathroom and sat in front of the mirror. She saw her beautiful deep green eyes and her overly long silk black hair. She could also see the bags under her eyes. Thanks mom. Even with the bags under her eyes she was still refreshingly beautiful.

She got a quick shower and got dressed. She put on her black sweatpants that had her school initials and they're mascot the bobcats on it. On her feet were black and grey Jordan's which matched with everything including the thin grey sweater she had on. It was a lazy day for her.

Marisol raced downstairs and found that her parents had already disappeared. But in their place was Sam. He sat there with his legs up on the table and his arm folded behind his head. He was at home in her house. And he had the right to be. They had known each other for at least 5 years.

"How did you get in?" she asked as she slid her backpack on and they began to walk out the door.

"Your mom let me in of course. I've been here since the whole," he cleared his throat. "You can’t make me, thing" He said imitating Marisol's voice. Which he got a solid punch in the arm for.

“Shut up, you know me and mornings don't get along." she said as she started down the path to school.

"Of course I know my dear." he said while watching his step, careful not to trip on a fallen branch.

"Dear? Since when did you get the right to call me that?" She asked trying to get over a huge tree in her way.

He helped her over the fallen tree. "Since we got married the other day." he said.

She looked at him with surprise. “Married? Why wasn't I invited to my own wedding and where's the ring?" Marisol asked showing her empty ring finger.

"We'll, you said money doesn't matter so I got you a ring pop. And you weren't invited because I knew you would decline. It's better this way. Now we can get straight to the honeymoon." Sam said while making kiss faces at her.

“You’re right, I would have." she gently pushed him away. And stuck out her hand "Well where's my ring pop? I'm kind of hungry."

"See the thing is..I ate it." he said. They were both laughing. They continued like this until they reached the school.