Bouquets of Lilies

Nico POV

"Ugh" I rubbed my eyes and reached for my phone. I read the labeled alarm I had set. 'see mom and Bianca again' I got on my tuxedo that I had brought for this specific occasion. I can't quite stress just how much the jet lag has effect on me right now. I think Persephone's being really cool about this whole situation. While my dad loves her he will always love my mom too. She's been nothing but supportive and I really love her for that. She's like a second mom to me. Dad tells me stories of mom as I was only three when she died whereas Bianca died he was ten.

(A/N Nico was three and Bianca was five when Maria died so when Bianca dies and she's twelve that means that Nico would be ten and yes I know how old they were cause I'm obsessed and I wanna die when I think about Nico's horrible past.)

My mom died when an intense earthquake hit Venice, Italy and Bianca died when there was a shooting at her school. A teacher, two front desk operatives, and Bianca were shot when Bianca was at her locker because she forgot her science folder and her teacher had to get her back in the room because the PA system was under repair for one day and that happened to be that day. We had moved shortly after that. My father won the lottery and we flew to New York to live in a mansion on the outskirts of Long Island where my father could take the job offer to move his lawyering experience to a Long Island lawyering firm. He said the schools would be better and the lottery money wouldn't last forever so he had to take that job. I see the reasoning now but at the time I just didn't want to leave mom and Bianca. We haven't visited them since because I wasn't ready. Now I am or at least I think I am. My father is going to pay the required 4,000 - 6,000 dollars per grave to move it back to Long Island. My father's getting new coffins too, nicer coffins then just what we could afford at the time. He won't tell me these things, I only know the moving cost because I googled it.

Dad wants to go together but I can't wait. I get in my car and drive to a local floral shop. "Potrei avere due mazzi di giglio?" I ask the worker and she nods back at me. Lilies were their favorite. "Nico! Sei tu? Non ti vedo da così tanto tempo! preferiresti parlare inglese? Ti sento parlare quella lingua più comunemente in America." I turn to see my old friend from elementary school. Sofia has changed quite a bit from elementary but at the same time she could not look more similar. She has short, straight black hair, she has amber eyes, she is now slightly taller than me. She has peach colored skin and as always her face is completely devoid of freckles. "Sofia! Yes, that would be best. I'm afraid I haven't had time to brush up on my Italian in a while." Sofia nodded and cane closer so we weren't conversing across the small store. "So... Flowers, tux are you going to visit your mom and Bianca?" She met my eyes when I didn't answer. "Oh, Nico." She hugged me. "After you go meet up with me. This is my new number. Text me when you're done and we can get some coffee or a snack." She said to me as she handed me her number.

(End of POV I can only handle so much)

He bit his lip. 'They're not really here it's not like they're gonna judge you.' He said to himself as he stood in front of his mother and sister's soon to be former graves.

"Hey, mom, Bianca... I uh... I've been doing good... more than good actually... I'm in love with a boy, his name's Will Solace and he has curly blonde hair and the most beautiful blue eyes above a million freckles. Yes, it's a boy because I'm gay. I wish you could've been here to know the real me. I regret a lot of things I've done. I've been rude to people so they could feel my pain of losing you two. But Will's showing me that everything's going to be okay. He's always there for me and he makes me feel like I matter. He's not the only one though. Hazel is my little half sister and she's as protective of me as you were Bianca. Dad fell in love again mom and from what he's told me of you I know you'd be happy for him. I know you watch over us in heaven and I hope you like what I've become. Later you'll meet Hazel and you'll see dad. Persephone will be with him and you'll get to meet her, she's his new wife. I've made new friends. Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Leo, Calypso, Frank, Will, Lizzy, Lou Ellen, Mitchel, and a few others but those are the best." He pulled out his phone and pulled up a picture of Will. He turned his phone so the picture was facing the graves. "That's Will." He pulled up a picture of him and Will kissing then a picture of him and all of his friends. "I guess you know all of this already because you watch over us but I wanted you to hear it from me. Now that I've told you about me and Will I'm gonna tell everyone else." Nico stepped forward and set down the flowers on his mother's grave. "I love you mom." He set the other bouquet on Bianca's grave. "I love you Bianca."