Chapter Six

"forever eternity Axion" her words filled their home. She would be the death of Axion
.
.
.

         Alexander and I have been making progress lately unlike before we spent a lot of time together.
    "lady Mae" I looked up from my book to see a maid.
"yes, what's the matter?" I asked
"lady Regina wishes to speak with you, she is in the garden," she said as she rushed to help me up from the chair I had been sitting on.
    "It's fine, it's not like my legs are broken" I laughed.
"Have you seen my husband?" I asked. It was midday and I hadn't seen him.
I fell asleep before he came home last night and he left early this morning.
  "no, my lady. Lord Hamilton and lord Jefferson had arrived early and they left afterwards" she replied as she closed the chamber doors.

  The walk to the garden was rather quick, Mother's hands engulfed me in a warm hug. "Mother," I said as a smile graced my face.
"My dear Mae," she said. "I want to talk with you," Mother said as she took me to sit in the garden.
   "Dear, how is he treating you? I've been seeing you together a lot. Tell me child" she asked as she did nothing to hide her curiosity.
"Oh, Mother!" I exclaimed feeling giddy just thinking about Alexander. " Alex has been amazing, he talks to me a lot now and we are closer" I try hiding the amusement in my voice but fail miserably.

   I start blabbing a lot about Alexander and me to Mother. I can't help it. He makes me so happy in an extraordinary way.  Mother's next words were unexpected.
"you love him don't you?" she asked.
        I froze, I couldn't make another speech. Did I love Alexander?
These feelings I had for him what were they?
I felt so connected and safe with him, I felt happy with him and those blue eyes, oh I can't get over those blue eyes.
  " uh-uhm- mother... I-I - I" I felt the rush of heat to my face "You're still the shyest little girl ever," she says as she chuckles.
   "so I should be expecting my grandchild very soon?"  she added
  Hearing those words, I couldn't look at her. She had no idea Alexander and I hadn't been together that way.
       I was saved from giving the mother a response as Ruby approached where we sat, wearing a beautiful emerald dress.
"Mother, what have you said to Mae? She's so flushed" Ruby said as she sat beside me, this made Mother chuckle "Ruby you're a little underage for that" Mother replied, making Ruby scoff and pout like a child.

The rest of the day was spent attending to matters of the kingdom.
   I had waited for Alexander to come home after dinner but he still did not.
After a long wait, I retired for the night for a happy night's rest.
             Finally, Mr. Perfect was mine.