Surprise! Not Really- Part 2

The smell of popcorn whacked me in the face and the sound of people was surrounding me. Daniel had his hands over my eyes and was guiding me. "Surprise!" He yelled as he lifted his hands. "Not really, I mean you kinda saw the sign on the way here. But still." He shrugged. He grabbed my hand and led me through the crowds of people.

"Daniel, are you ok?" I asked concerned. Confused, he turned around to face me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, that you're being really nice. Not that I don't appreciate it, cause I do. But it's not like you. You're usually always getting really close to me, o-or backing me up against something and leaning over me, and staring into my eyes, and-and you've only called me a nickname once today..." I rambled. He froze, lost in thought. But then he snapped out of it and started to smirk. He stepped closer and grabbed onto my waist so I couldn't step away. My hands rested on his shoulders as he pulled me closer and rested his forehead on mine.

Still smirking, his eyes roamed my face. His eyes finally met my own and he tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear. "I knew you liked the nicknames, Sweetheart." He searched my eyes, as if trying to find a piece of information. His smirked dropped, and was replaced by a serious expression.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Mia Summers, I just can't figure you out can I?" He smiled and back up a little. "C'mon there's a reason I brought you here." He led me to a line for a creepy looking barn. I couldn't help but think, why does he want to go into a barn and why is there even I line the get in? But Daniel read my mind (not literally), and answered my question. "It's a haunted house. I figured that we could get some ideas for here. Don't tell anyone, but I actually can't wait for next Friday." He smiled.

"Next Friday?" I said.

"Yeah, the opening night of the Haunted Hayride." He said in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh gosh, I forgot! I haven't even picked out my costume yet!"

He laughed. "You still have a week to get one, and besides, you're not the one who has to dress like a vampire. I didn't get mine yet either. I don't even know what I'm supposed to look like."

I laughed with him. "I could help you... I mean if you want, that is!" I cleared up awkwardly.

He smiled at me, amusement and relief dancing in his eyes. "That'd be great. I thought I was gonna have to ask Ms. Paris for help." We both broke into laughter and realized it was now our turn to go in the haunted house.

As soon as we walked in, we were hit with a cloud of fog. Lights flashed as we walked down the hallways and into spider webs. Every now and then, we would turn a corner and someone would jump out, but we didn't really get scared. We reached the end of the hall and walked into a dark room of mirrors. We spent a few minuted finding our way out, but when we did, we were no longer inside. We were following a trail up to a hill. Upon the hill was a cemetery.

Daniel immediately went to go in, but I stopped at the gate. I shivered, from the cold air and a little bit of fear. I never really liked cemeteries, blame too much scary movies.

Daniel turned to me with a smile, and offered me his hand. I took it nervously, only for him to pull me into him and put his arm around me. "Relax, Sweetheart. It's only for fun." He teased.

Just then, a corpse jumped out from behind a tombstone, making me scream and burry my face in Daniel's jacket. He chuckled as we continued forward. It honestly seemed that all the actors went after me. Either that or Daniel just didn't get scared.

We exited the cemetery, and got onto the hayride that went through the woods and around the corn field. During the hayride, we stopped at little skits and the main actors would pull other 'actors' from the ride. Only, that's what I thought was going on, until we stopped at a new skit.

Cages and chains were set up among the trees, torches and fire pits burned lighting up a stone mausoleum. A tall man, dressed like he was from the 1800s came out of the tomb, eyes completely black. "I've been dormant for 152 years! And you, peasant folk chose to awaken me? But what is this? I hear your pulses, each and every one. I can't smell your sweet, warm blood flowing through your human veins. I am hungry, and need blood. But only one's blood calls out to me!" He stopped and looked around the cart, his eyes landing on me. "You!"

"Me?" I squeaked.

"Yes, you! You worthless human! Your blood is calling out to me!" He shouts, pointing a sharp finger in my direction.

I looked to Daniel, who was sitting there watching with furrowed eyebrows. But then his demeanor changed, and he had a mischievous look in his eye. I looked back at the vampire and stuttered, "M-my blood? My blood is calling to you?"

Daniel looked for me to the vampire guy and spoke. "Why is your blood calling him?"

My jaw dropped. "How am I supposed to know, dummy!" The vampire looked bored with the situation and cleared his throat. He suddenly jumped onto the cart and scooped me up in his arms, I squeaked at who strong this guy was. All of a sudden we were in the air. I screamed as we jumped of the cart and flew towards the tomb. Once we landed, he threw me over his shoulder, whispered for me to 'go with it', and carried me into the tomb as I screamed for help and flailed around.

"Hi, I'm Diego. Vampire in training." He joked. I looked at his features. He actually looked around my age.

"Mia, vampire victim in training." I laughed to myself.

"What's so funny?"

"This situations kinda ironic. I'm actually the vampire victim in my school's hayride too." I smiled.

He laughed. "Well, Mia, you did a great job. Best victim I've had all weekend. Prettiest too." He winked and I blushed at his comment.

There was a knock on the tomb door and Diego went to get it. "Mia, it's for you." Surprised, I got up and followed. I came face to face with a frustrated Daniel.

"Did I interrupt something?" He growled.

I smiled at him. "No, but thanks for saving me back there buddy! I thought I was supposed to be a blood bag for only one vampire!"

He cracked a smile, but it turned into a smirk. "Well I don't see any bite marks on your neck, Sweetheart." He quickly pulled me out of the tomb and whispered in my ear, "But that will be changed next Friday." I could help but think, so is the bad boy side back? Before Daniel pulled me away, Diego called out.

"Mia, wait!" Daniel rolled his eyes and waited. Diego ran up and handed me a piece of paper. "Here, text me later." He winked and ran off to the tomb.

I turned back to Daniel, who looked a little pissed off. "Well?" He asked.

"Well what?"

He rolled his eyes. "You coming?"

Shocked at his attitude, I stuttered. "I-uh-I... Ya I am." I lowered my head and walked along side him.

When he dropped me off home he said, "Monday morning, meet me before last period," and he drove off without so much as a goodbye.

I walked into my house, pouting at how the night ended. Little did I know, the night was far from over.

"Mia?" My mom called from the kitchen.

I hung up my coat and made my way to her. "Yeah, mama. It's me. Listen, I've had a long day, I think I'm-" I froze, staring at the face sitting at the island with my mom. "What are you doing here?"

He sat there, with a frown, petting Lilli's head. He stayed silent under my glare, but my mom wasn't happy about my attitude. "Mia Evangeline Summers! You will treat him with respect, no matter how mad you are!"

I huffed, annoyed. "Fine. Hello, father."